Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Crazy things happen at the end of the season.
Bournemouth are a good team playing badly. One win and everything could change.
Watford and West Ham could easily overtake us.
Villa are a poor team, but will be boosted today.
Anyone who thought it was job done, or we would cruise to safety was always kidding themselves.
That all said, we should stay up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s quite a challenge working out the results for all three teams to pass us. For example, Watford & West Ham play each other next, then each one plays a Manchester team, then West Ham have Villa and Watford have Arsenal.

You kind of need West Ham & Watford to both beat Man Utd & Man City respectively but for West Ham to lose to Villa and for Villa to get another 4 points from Arsenal & Everton.....or something!

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
It’s quite a challenge working out the results for all three teams to pass us. For example, Watford & West Ham play each other next, then each one plays a Manchester team, then West Ham have Villa and Watford have Arsenal.

You kind of need West Ham & Watford to both beat Man Utd & Man City respectively but for West Ham to lose to Villa and for Villa to get another 4 points from Arsenal & Everton.....or something!

We need 1 win from the last 3 games (or 3 draws), and that's assuming Villa win all their last 3 games (if Villa lose one of their remaining games they are down). That's not considering goal difference, but I don't think it will come down to that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Crazy things happen at the end of the season.
Bournemouth are a good team playing badly. One win and everything could change.
Watford and West Ham could easily overtake us.
Villa are a poor team, but will be boosted today.
Anyone who thought it was job done, or we would cruise to safety was always kidding themselves.
That all said, we should stay up.
Problem for us at this time of the season is always the proximity of the beach....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We need 1 win from the last 3 games (or 3 draws), and that's assuming Villa win all their last 3 games (if Villa lose one of their remaining games they are down). That's not considering goal difference, but I don't think it will come down to that.

They aren't down if they lose once more. One defeat and they can't catch us (well they can but only on goal difference) but they could still catch Watford and West Ham, if they win the other two, especially considering they go to West Ham on the last day of the season.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Personally I think 36 is enough. But we are 1 win for guaranteed survival unless Bournemouth and villa both win their final 4 games (villa half way there on one) Which would be an incredible upturn in form bearing in mind they are both averaging less than a point a game

Since when has 1 been half of 4 ? or have i miss understood ?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Since when has 1 been half of 4 ? or have i miss understood ?

You've misunderstood, I think the OP means Villa are half way there to winning one of their 4 remaining games (I don't think the Villa game had quite finished when the comment was made)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

Go on then, work it out for yourself...

My go, being as p[essimistic as I will allow myself to be:
final table.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Problem for us at this time of the season is always the proximity of the beach....

The beach is much less of a factor this season than any other.

The next season is a lot closer than normal.
Lack of home fans is giving the better teams an edge.
Our challengers are not playing teams "on the beach"

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A team that considers us as "rivals" who beat us at home 2:0, A side who could rough the players off the pitch in Burnley, or players trying to impress in case this buyout does go through and dont get sold.

Haha, in what world do Saints give a shit about us?! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here