Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Clarke

Stumpy Tim

He has been in charge of 60 games and only won 19, so nothing changed. One decent player in Lukaku and when he went, they lost more games. Sorry but I can not see why people want him, I repeat manager for 60 games and only won 19

This. I would be disappointed to say the least. And he didn't play attacking football at all - he played 4-2-3-1 religiously.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has been in charge of 60 games and only won 19, so nothing changed. One decent player in Lukaku and when he went, they lost more games. Sorry but I can not see why people want him, I repeat manager for 60 games and only won 19
Ouch that really is wee-wee poor.
I think him being championed, even with those stats, just shows how poor the standard is of the other candidates.

Teamclem.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Shocking record at west brom with just a 31% win ratio.

Please not Steve Clarke - would rather have Ken Clarke.

I doubt even ferguson would get much above 35% at west brom !!

Another deluded premiership team.

Clarke would be a solid appointment for me.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Have you read the West Brom forum boards about him? They seem to think his football was defensive and boring, then you look at his stats as a manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have you read the West Brom forum boards about him? They seem to think his football was defensive and boring, then you look at his stats as a manager.

Again you can only play with the hand you're dealt. Most lower half premiership teams are unhappy with their managers, but in reality most lower half premiership teams don't have anywhere near the budget of the top 6/7. I guess we have this to look forward to in the next few years when we eventually go up!!

Btw did you know that pochettino's managerial win rate is 34%

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

By virtue of the difference between the top 6 and the rest there's at least 10 deluded Premiership teams.
Clarke didn't exactly set the mini league alight, he was racing to the bottom with no sign halting.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Again you can only play with the hand you're dealt. Most lower half premiership teams are unhappy with their managers, but in reality most lower half premiership teams don't have anywhere near the budget of the top 6/7. I guess we have this to look forward to in the next few years when we eventually go up!!

Btw did you know that pochettino's managerial win rate is 34%

It's not all about the win rate, you need to look at what the fans think, look at the style of play and then look at the results. Clarke falls down on all of them.
Pochettino has got Southampton playing exciting football and the fans do not want him to go.

Its not about getting into the play offs or PL for me first. I want to go and watch entertaining football from our players win, lose or draw and then think about promotion.Most people on here would agree that although we finished 6th, our football was dire.

I do think Clarke can be a good manager, but he needs to build his own team like Gus did. We need a manager to take us to the next level, not one who needs to find his style.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Totally uninspired by him. Boring name, boring looking, boring previous footballing history, just dull zzzzzzz

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd be delighted, by far the outstanding candidate IMO. Did a solid job at WBA despite what some on here say 31% is a respectable ratio, looking on a list of PL managers win ratios it puts him above 8 as of last season. A very highly regarded Coach and a chance to rebuild his career.

Would make a lot of sense.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

In context, you could except a low win rate,if the football was exciting and entertaining. If the football is defensive and boring then you would look at the reasons why,

West Brom, the fans thought Steve was to defensive and the football was boring and the team were dropping down the league.

Southampton again not a good win rate, however the football was exciting and the club were moving forward with a manager. The expectations for next season if he had stayed would be to move the club forward.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I'd be delighted, by far the outstanding candidate IMO. Did a solid job at WBA despite what some on here say 31% is a respectable ratio, looking on a list of PL managers win ratios it puts him above 8 as of last season. A very highly regarded Coach and a chance to rebuild his career.

Tony Pulis took over Palace win rate 42%
Gus 40%
Adkins 54% and he lost his job

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

You've just hit the nail on the head by calling him a highly regarded coach but that's it. He's not a manager...just like our Wendy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here