Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Clarke

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
But bar losing Lukaku what changed from the previous year

He has been in charge of 60 games and only won 19, so nothing changed. One decent player in Lukaku and when he went, they lost more games. Sorry but I can not see why people want him, I repeat manager for 60 games and only won 19

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Also, to restart the rumor mill....

He spent 4 years with Joe Cole at Chelsea, and then another year with him at Liverpool.....

Interesting.

So what you saying Trig

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be very happy with him. From what I can gather from his time at WBA he played good, attacking football but their defence was poor. Despite Upson leaving, Dunk and Greer have both proven themselves to be very capable in this division in our first season and I'd imagine we'd be looking for another CB. Bruno/Calderon are both decent and hopefully we can sign Ward and that's a great defensive spine to build on.

A job for Nathan Jones as defensive coach then?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Id take Steve Clarke for sure & hope it's him if it's not Malky...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Posh spice is a slapper
Her horse was in the dark
And when she's ****ing Beckham
She thinks of our steve clarke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Meh.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd be happy with that.

I'd also be happy with tony mowbray, or anyone else that plays decent football and is perhaps a little older and a little less likely to use the club as a stepping stone.

Although Sherwood, Clement and Garde appear to be more exciting choices I don't think any of them will hang around, what we are in need of is someone who will plan for not just this season, but next season and the season after, as long as they keep improving they won't get the sack, and these elder managers are more likely to see the job through in my very humble opinion.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Be disappointed if true. All that waiting to only end up with someone like him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Would much prefer Sherwood, have a look on the West Brom forums plays negative football. We really need a manager who goes for it especially at home.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Needs to grow a beard and shave his head.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
West Bromwich Albion finished 8th under his leadership a couple of seasons back. They've not been there since the 70s/early 80s. He must have some pedigree.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
West Bromwich Albion finished 8th under his leadership a couple of seasons back. They've not been there since the 70s/early 80s. He must have some pedigree.

I suggest you go and read their forum boards, they were not happy with his style of play, a bit of perspective 4 wins in 12 months. He inherited a good squad and had a great honeymoon period, they then sell a few of their better players and then struggle.
I would ask people go and see what the fans thought of him, because that will be us this coming season if we appoint him. I do think he has potential, however after the season we have had( style of football), I would have thought the board would look for an exciting manager.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No thanks.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No from me. Honeymoon period aside at WBA, he won only 9 of his last 41 games including not scoring in the first four of the new season and losing 4 in a row before being sacked. Not great. never strikes me a Mr personality and his football, going on WBA forums, is viewed rather negatively. Seriously if we take all this time and appoint a journeyman manager who was available day one, it will make me wonder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here