Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some of you negative twats need to get a grip.
Surely he's been brought in to complement CMS and not to replace him?
And guess what? They haven't actually been on the pitch at the same time yet.

This. He's a number 10, not an out and out striker shirley?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thinks he's showed plenty of promise, although admittedly, I wasn't there last night. However, I fully expect thus thread to be bounced later in the season after he has turned in some match-winning performances.

Until then, as you were, and carry on writing him off...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Perhaps Gus should stop signing Swansea cast offs and bigging them up as signings who will 'make a difference'. Maybe the Swansea version of our game ain't quite the same as ours!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Has he been injured recently? Keeps bottling out of tackles, other than that, a few shots, couple of flicks, good movement, I think he will come good IMO!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
vulture i have seen him in 3 games now him one for the devopment squad and two for 1st team i am not impressed with him

There are many hundreds of players, through out the season, one could watch three games and be unimpressed.

Amazing how impatient some people are. I remember a certain Nicky Forster stinking the house out at the start of his spell with us and went on to score plenty of goals.

Give the guy a chance!

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
He' a quality player. Off the front man that we didn't sign. WILL be a success when him and CMS play together.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
vulture i have seen him in 3 games now him one for the devopment squad and two for 1st team i am not impressed with him

I think the worse thing for me is that Dobbie looks as if he couldn't care less. He strolls around as if he has all the time in the world when, as an experienced Championship player he should know what is required. Did we really give him a 3 year contract? I sincerely hope this signing works out but at present Dobbie looks distinctly average and certainly not what we need.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I think I know what the problem with Dobbie is - it isn't actually Stephen Dobbie.

It is in fact Jon Richardson from 8 out of 10 Cats. He has been working as a lookalike replacement for him whilst the real Dobbie moved house over the weekend and settled with his family.

Jon Richardson will now head back to Channel 4 where he will continue talking like a ventriloquist.

dobbie.jpg

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
There are many hundreds of players, through out the season, one could watch three games and be unimpressed.

Amazing how impatient some people are. I remember a certain Nicky Forster stinking the house out at the start of his spell with us and went on to score plenty of goals.

Give the guy a chance!

This isn't the place for rational thought and logic - we must declare him a hero or villan by now, it's the rules.

Threads like this remind me just how many absolute twats populate this forum

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do we?

From what I've seen of the lad he's been a bag of shit!

Very harsh to judge him after a couple games granted but he's not shown anything so far to suggest he's a good player.

Going on what I have been told by a couple of Swansea fans who watched him regularly, he is an excellent player.
From what we have seen so far he is nearer the bag of shit rating. However good he becomes he is not an out and out front man though.

D

Deleted member 18477

He's not very good, he's not very goooooood... Stephen Dobbie, he's not very good.... YET!

D

Deleted member 18477

Going on what I have been told by a couple of Swansea fans who watched him regularly, he is an excellent player.
From what we have seen so far he is nearer the bag of shit rating. However good he becomes he is not an out and out front man though.

:lol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
At times last night we looked like a subutteo team, with our lack of movement off the ball. El-Abd suffered as much as anyone from this, as he was frequently left with no passing options.

Both Barnes and Dobbie seem to share the same first instinct, which is to operate in the space made by other players. I think Gus is trying to evolve our forward play away from orthodox wingers attacking the full backs and we saw glimpses of this pre-season, against Chelsea. Last night the two centre forwards looked static and Lua Lua looked one dimensional. That does not mean that any of them are rubbish, just that last night, given the players available, it didn't work.

In the short term Dunk may get a look in and CMS has done his reputation no harm, longer term Dobbie, Orlandi and Lopez will I suspect add flexibility our team shape and allow our attacking style to evolve.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Without a doubt could be a great player to link up with CMS, some of his cheeky little dinks and through balls last night looked tastey.

the control he has with the ball at his feet is brilliant as well, quite clearly needs to be given a little time but without a doubt not our answer to the problem upfront when CMS is not available.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Better last night than Saturday and will keep improving and offering more. Quality player. Needs time on the pitch to settle to his best.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks f*** someone talks sense on here. Dobbie did a lot of good things tonight, but a couple didn't come off and people got on his back. Looked a class act at times, and I am sure he'll have a big part to play this season.

Spot on

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Stephen Dobbie is a waste of time for me and we should of looked for someone else

:facepalm:

He's played about 100 minutes these season and you're calling him a waste of time, he started the game off very well yesterday but after the opening 30 he disappeared, but so did a few players so by your logic, half of our team are a waste of time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here