Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Uninterested and overweight.

Completely the opposite player to the one we needed.

Definition of a panic buy.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He wasn't good tonight, but, IMHO he is no where near match fit and needs 4 or 5 games or so in the resssies/development squad to sharpen up !!
He IS a proven goal scorer in the Division but will need time to get used to Gus's way of playing.
We missed CMS , Bruno, etc tonight badly but f*** me its only the begining of October and we are 3rd !!!!!!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Right, lets face it we all know he is a good player yes? But i think its pretty obvious he hasn't settled in yet. I was thinking if we can get some songs going for him, lets get chanting his name. Lets make him feel welcome as im pretty sure he doesnt feel to welcome by fans at the moment.. Surely this can help get his confidence up a bit more confidence=better performance. Yes i will probably get abused by some sarcastic twa* on here for this post, but its just an idea.

Yes a song/chant would definately boost his confidence ,we are lucky to have him playing for us lets let him know it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
vulture i have seen him in 3 games now him one for the devopment squad and two for 1st team i am not impressed with him

Wow. 3 whole games. And given that you're Alex f***ing Ferguson your opinion certainly carries some weight.

Last edited:

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What is Withdean Wanderers problem?.........the guy has started a couple of games...he clearly has skill and vision.....it takes time to settle and appreciate the way we play
I watched him play at both Blackpool and Swansea, and he showed what he can do
He is not a front man, and needs to play just behind....when CMS is back we will see how good he is

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Dreadful player. Not only is he not the type of forward we need, he's committing several of the unforgivable sins. For starters, he's clearly unfit. Either that or he's one of the slowest players I've ever seen. And more worryingly, he's a massive BOTTLER. Both on Saturday and tonight I've seen him clearly pull out of tackles. When things aren't going right for you, the last thing you should be doing is taking your foot out of challenges. I can cope with tarts if they are good (like Buckley), but this big girl isn't even contributing with the ball. Get rid.

I wouldn't say that Barnes is unfit

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Funny watching people draw conclusions after 2-3 games, he'll be great in that league I'm sure.

As for getting used to the system he will fit like a glove when he gets fitness, he played for Us and Blackpool who to an extent play nice passing football too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stats say good player but doesn't suit our system . He is an attacking cm or deep lying striker .

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Some of you negative twats need to get a grip.
Surely he's been brought in to complement CMS and not to replace him?
And guess what? They haven't actually been on the pitch at the same time yet.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
If you played him upfront then its your own fault.

Meaning Gus :p, then again not sure about your injuries.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blows hot and cold for me. One minute he does something that looks like unlocking a stubborn defence and then makes a pig's ear of simply controlling the ball. It is like the game is too fast for him. Whether that is because he is not match fit, or just below the pace, I don't know. When he is buzzing around on the edge of the box, he need someone to pass to if the shot is not on.

The good thing about him he does not telegraph his pass like Dicker does. This means that the defenders do not know what he is going to do (if he doesn't shoot), but it also means that the rest of the Albion forwards do not know either. Hence the problem.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I like him, quick feet, obvious quality. Lovely one two with Bridge on the edge of the box that could have resulted in a goal. I especially enjoy all the tactical genius types on NSC destroying a player who's been with us for two minutes. The same folks who were hammering CMS last season? Well done chaps. Keep it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here