Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Right, lets face it we all know he is a good player yes? But i think its pretty obvious he hasn't settled in yet. I was thinking if we can get some songs going for him, lets get chanting his name. Lets make him feel welcome as im pretty sure he doesnt feel to welcome by fans at the moment.. Surely this can help get his confidence up a bit more confidence=better performance. Yes i will probably get abused by some sarcastic twa* on here for this post, but its just an idea.

D

Deleted member 22389

Right, lets face it we all know he is a good player yes? But i think its pretty obvious he hasn't settled in yet. I was thinking if we can get some songs going for him, lets get chanting his name. Lets make him feel welcome as im pretty sure he doesnt feel to welcome by fans at the moment.. Surely this can help get his confidence up a bit more confidence=better performance. Yes i will probably get abused by some sarcastic twa* on here for this post, but its just an idea.

Dobbie needs time to learn the system. I can see it being like CMS, then suddenly everything will click in to place. We are not a shit team, we have quality throughout. Players having an off game.
Tonight was a funny old game. Not the best I have seen in a long while. Could be a lot worse, we could be struggling at the bottom of the league.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He needs to issue a press statement clarifying whether his surname rhymes with Bobby or Moby. Then he can expect some songs.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He is not a striker but an attacking midfielder/playmaker. looks like he is being asked to play in a position that he is not happy with

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
looked like a league 2 player, awful performance.

can't shoot, can't run, can't control!

2 years ago he was the best player in the championship!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Calm down boys, two games in and he's shit? Ridiculous. Give him a chance to play with our striker and then judge. Barnes was obviously playing as the out and out frontman tonight, but the ball never stuck in the final third long enough for Dobbie to have an inpact. His shooting from range will be a threat when he is fully match fit and confident.

These threads really are pathetic.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
Calm down boys, two games in and he's shit? Ridiculous. Give him a chance to play with our striker and then judge. Barnes was obviously playing as the out and out frontman tonight, but the ball never stuck in the final third long enough for Dobbie to have an inpact. His shooting from range will be a threat when he is fully match fit and confident.

Good post ... give the guy a chance

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
looked like a league 2 player, awful performance.

can't shoot, can't run, can't control!

2 years ago he was the best player in the championship!!!

Which is exactly why you need to give him a couple more games to settle in. I'm not saying he was good tonight (he wasn't) but I am saying it's very harsh to judge at this stage. Yes I know Swansea play possession football but we're not their clones and he's short of full match practise. Come back when he's been consistently awful all season. I don't think he will be, but I don't think he's an instant CMS replacement either.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He wasn't good tonight, but, IMHO he is no where near match fit and needs 4 or 5 games or so in the resssies/development squad to sharpen up !!
He IS a proven goal scorer in the Division but will need time to get used to Gus's way of playing.
We missed CMS , Bruno, etc tonight badly but f*** me its only the begining of October and we are 3rd !!!!!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Thanks f*** someone talks sense on here. Dobbie did a lot of good things tonight, but a couple didn't come off and people got on his back. Looked a class act at times, and I am sure he'll have a big part to play this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here