Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting eleven against Doncaster

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting dilemmas in team selection. I would start with Noone over LuaLua on current form. It is becoming fairly clear that Noone wasn't entirely fit last season (when I say fit - I don't mean related to injury, I mean general fitness and sharpness).

Last season LuaLua was leathal coming off the bench. I would love to see more of the same this year.

I also agree with others that Barnes will get his chance - the one thing Barnes did do well last season was create chances. If he can do that this season, Hoskins and Mackal-Smith will finish them.

I think Dunk is ready to start, but I agree that we do need a centre back for cover (at least).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There was me thinking Gus Poyet has spent the best part of 18 months getting the defence sorted, making it one of the meanest in the country.

IMO we have the back-up FB's in place, just need a back-up CB to replace Tunnicliffe.

The CB was as much for cover for first period in particular .. my FB thinking is that I'm really twitchy about Cald .. and recognise I'm in a large minority here. Going forward I've seen fewer better - but in defensive role I've a few questions - debated on other threads to death. Championship won't be as charitable as Div 1. If there were loan cover I'd feel a lot easier - just a feeling, wouldn't argue it to any great extent

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Its not surprising Noone has shone in these two friendlies so far, christ the opposition is 3 or 4 leagues below championship class, it would be more of a surprise if he hadnt, I hope he has got even quicker/sharper because of having a decent pre season but lets not get too carried away.

A decent central defender with championship experience is what we need to sign before donny, having said that vincelot could be a surpisingly good player for us if reports are anything to go by, he was said to be way above daggers class and can play there at a pinch.

I wouldnt be surprised if Kazenga`s on the bench myself, have to wait and see.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it will look a little something like this;

Ankergren
Vincelot
Painter
Calderon
Greer
Lualua
Bridcutt
Sparrow
Noone
Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Which will equal a 3-1 win! Ah, paradise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here