Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting eleven against Doncaster

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
People are writing off Barnes too soon. In some matches, I reckon we could see CMS in the centre with Ashley on the right and Hoskins on the left. Buckley in behind. Plus KLL and Noone available on the bench to give genuine width if we change shape.

Lots of options anyway!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seriously, this team has the potential to be DEVASTATING and I very much doubt any of our new season ticket holders will find themselves getting bored anytime soon.
The team's looking great, very exciting for us... given the context that we've had to put up with Withdean (god rest her soul) and no money for players. But while enjoying it whole heartedly, don't start thinking we will be devastating, that'll lead to disappointment. We still have a much smaller budget than several other teams in the championship, and it's not going to be easy.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I'm worried about all the RB's in this league who are going to have to try and deal with the nooney/kaz combo. They will be devastating.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think Caskey will be integrated into the team this year. If hes good enough hes old enough! He could become a silly money asset if he has a good season - look at wickham at ipswich

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ankergren
Calderon Dunk/New CB Greer Painter

Dicker/Damour Bridcutt

Buckley/Sparrow

Noone CMS Hoskins

Given he's on fire at the mo it'd be a traversty to leave out Noone even at expense of KLL

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Bridcutt
5. Greer
6. Dunk
7. Hoskins
8. Buckley
9. M-Smith
10. Dicker
11. Noone

4-4-2

Subs. Lualua +6

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
People are writing off Barnes too soon. In some matches, I reckon we could see CMS in the centre with Ashley on the right and Hoskins on the left. Buckley in behind. Plus KLL and Noone available on the bench to give genuine width if we change shape.

Lots of options anyway!

I'll give you my season ticket if he puts Noone and KLL on the bench!!! I picked up the argus this morning and Gus quoted something about Noone and Lua Lua on the wings so where does that leave our £1m signing Buckley..............? He has to start with these two, lets rip the opposition apart before they've had time to realise the game has started.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Tommy Elphick is closer to being ready for start of season than previously reported. So hopefully have him at least on bench very soon.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
New CB
Painter

Dicker
Bridcutt

Buckley
Hoskins
Lua-lua

Mackail-Smith

I completely agree sir, although perhaps have Noone in that bank of three behind CMS- down to Poyet and the strengths/weaknesses of Donny. And hopefully Damour to sit alongside Bridcutt (sounds like a reet talent, and I'm still unsure of how Dicker will shape up in the Championship- am I the only one?). But with all the attacking talent we have, I'm not sure we need to land a "attacking midfielder". I think there's a danger of over-categorising football and Poyet plays too much of a free-flowing game for such a regimental approach..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Agreed Vincelot should start ahead of of Dunk, Also start with Noone with KLL coming on after 60/65 minutes, fancy seeing a few fullbacks shitting themself when KLL and his bandy legs come chargeing down the line.

I'm with you on this. Noones form deserves a start I think. Plus KLL would have huge impact coming off the bench with a point to prove.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Anyone fancy Vincelot over Dunk as starting CB?
yes im surprised this hasnt already been mentioned

Ankergren
Calderon
Painter
Greer
Vincelot
Bridcutt
DICKER
Hoskins
Lua Lua
M-Smith
Noone

subs

Brezovan
Dunk
Barnes
Buckley
Sparrow

Smith
Bergkamp

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ankergren
Calde
Dunk
Greer
Painter
Bridcutt
Dicker
Buckley
Noone
Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Subs: Lua Lua, Vincelot, Sparrow, Cook and choice of about 10 others.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Ankergren
Calderon Vincelot Greer Painter
Dicker Bridcutt
Noone Hoskins Lualua
CMS

Is anyone else struggling to come to terms with spending ONE million pounds on a player and having to bench him??

lichfield seagulls

Sep 13, 2008
lichfield~by~the~sea
Ankergren
Calderon Vincelot Greer Painter
Dicker Bridcutt
Noone Hoskins Lualua
CMS

Is anyone else struggling to come to terms with spending ONE million pounds on a player and having to bench him??

Agreed, got this feelin there will be more than one million pound player on the bench(Hoskin,Buckley) me thinking Nicky Maynard(5 million bid) will be on his way.......... Another big surpraise from lord Gus. And please don't shoot me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be staggered if Buckley didnt start.
I think he is going to be a cracking signing, wait till you see him on a big pitch with room to run into.
Plus he was signed as he has Championship experience.

For me Noone will miss out, been good pre season so far, the real pre-season starts in Portugal.

Besides as i have said before Noone, Buckley and KLL will be rotated and all 3 will get plenty of game time.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
---------------Ankergren-----------
Calderon ----Dunk---Greer----Painter
---------------Bridcutt----------
Buckley----------------- -- Lualua
------- Barnes--------Hoskins
-----------------Cms----------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here