Dunk
Noone
Buckley
Bridcutt
Dicker
Barnes
Mackell Smith

subs Hoskins, Vincelot, Lua Lua, Sparrow, Cook, Brezavan, Forster Caskey

Just thought id say it does look sooo much better doesnt it our squad, with players like Hoskins, Lua Lua on the bench who really should be starting with players such as El abd, Elphick, Bergkamp, Taricco, Rodgers. and any other new signings to come into the reckoning.
Just feel our defence is by far our weakest position, i think our midfield especially on wing is very strong

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Considering the squad as it stands today, seems to be at present certain players are definite starters, with a few others very likely, leaving a few spots up for grabs. I see it as follows:
(Using the old fashioned numbering!)

1. Ankergren (Definite)
2. Calderon (definite)
3. Painter (Definite)
4. Bridcutt (Likely)
5. Greer (Definite)
6. Dunk (Possible but this position could see a new player/loan)
7. Buckley (Possible..basically for Doncaster must be two from three between LuaLua, Buckley and Noone....be happy whoever starts)
8. Hoskins (Definite)
9. Mackail-Smith (Definite)
10. Dicker (Possible...another position very much up for grabs)
11. Lua Lua (possible...see 7 above)

So seems one central defensive position and one midfield spot are most debatable positions aside from the debate about which winger/wingers to start. Thoughts?

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Considering the squad as it stands today, seems to be at present certain players are definite starters, with a few others very likely, leaving a few spots up for grabs. I see it as follows:

1. Ankergren (Definite)
2. Calderon (definite)
3. Painter (Definite)
4. Bridcutt (Likely)
5. Greer (Definite)
7. Buckley (Possible..basically for Doncaster must be two from three between LuaLua, Buckley and Noone....be happy whoever starts)
8. Hoskins (Definite)

So seems one central defensive position and one midfield spot are most debatable positions aside from the debate about which winger/wingers to start. Thoughts?

Interesting that you have Hoskins down as a definate who scored 17 league 1 goals last year whilst Barnes scored 20 from I think less starts.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Interesting that you have Hoskins down as a definate who scored 17 league 1 goals last year whilst Barnes scored 20 from I think less starts.

Difference being Barnes was in a promoted side playing good, confident football and creating a lot of chances and Hoskins, well, he wasn't.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Difference being Barnes was in a promoted side playing good, confident football and creating a lot of chances and Hoskins, well, he wasn't.

I agree, I just think it wont be a definate that Hoskins plays.
Depending what happens pre season it could well turn out to be Barnes playing alongside CMS

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I agree, I just think it wont be a definate that Hoskins plays.
Depending what happens pre season it could well turn out to be Barnes playing alongside CMS

Of course, anything could happen, even getting in another striker!!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
It's looking good isn't it. I can't remember the last time I felt confident and happy with our current squad with still 3 weeks until the start of the season

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ankergren

Calderon
Greer
New CB
Painter

Dicker
Bridcutt

Buckley
Hoskins
Lua-lua/Noone

Mackail-Smith

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
GK: Ankergren

RB: Calderon
CB: Dunk
CB: Greer
LB: Painter

CM: Bridcutt
CM: Dicker

Lua Lua, Buckley, Noone floating behind

FW: Mackail-Smith

Subs:
GK: Brezovan
DF: Cook
FB: Vincelot
MF: Forster-Caskey
MF: Sparrow
FW: Barnes
FW: Hoskins

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ankers
Calde
Greer
New CB
Painter
Noone
Bridcutt
Dicker
Buckley
Hoskins
CMS

Subs:
Lua-Lua- When bought on against tired legs after an hour or so, will tear the place apart
Breadvan
Barnes
Dunk
Vincelot
Sparrow
Bergy

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
New signings aside the only thing that worries me slightly is the lack of height. A midfield of Kaz, Noone, Dicker & Liam is very short and CMS, Hoskins & Barnes arent that all either. Buckley is a 6 footer so for me that gives him the nod. Otherwise we only have GG and a 2nd centre back with a bit of height. How big are Vincelot and Damour?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
New signings aside the only thing that worries me slightly is the lack of height. A midfield of Kaz, Noone, Dicker & Liam is very short and CMS, Hoskins & Barnes arent that all either. Buckley is a 6 footer so for me that gives him the nod. Otherwise we only have GG and a 2nd centre back with a bit of height. How big are Vincelot and Damour?

Gary Dicker is over 6ft, i saw him in town a few months back and he is a fair bit taller than me (I'm 6ft)

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

1. Ankergren (Definite)
2. Calderon (definite)
3. Painter (Definite)
4. Bridcutt (Likely)
5. Greer (Definite)
8. Hoskins (Definite)

looks good and about right to me...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Vincelot is 5' 10" I believe, but very very good in the air
Damour is 5' 11" according to Wiki - I so so so so so hope we sign him!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
3 people have Barnes starting? didn't he score in each of the last 4 games of the season or something. What exactly has he done to deserve being dropped?

He may not have cost us 1 milion pounds like others, but I'm pretty sure he's worth more than that.

I think starting XI will be:

Ankergren
Calderon, Greer, Dunk (or new CB), Painter
Buckley, Bridcutt, Sparrow (or new CM), Noone
CMS, Barnes

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whoever ı pick it wont be the starting eleven... we still need to get the defence sorted.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Whoever ı pick it wont be the starting eleven... we still need to get the defence sorted.

Agree this - done a great job in MF and Up front .. with similar quality FB and CB it'll be complete imo

There was me thinking Gus Poyet has spent the best part of 18 months getting the defence sorted, making it one of the meanest in the country.

IMO we have the back-up FB's in place, just need a back-up CB to replace Tunnicliffe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here