Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ST prices frozen

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£1.50 a game, but very few people bought them. Some were posting quite proudly that they hadn't bothered as nobody checked anyway.

And that's where the travel agreement fell through then I guess. So maybe the club hadnt thought through the possibilities for future seasons.. Our season tickets are amongst the highest in the league, I sit in the cheapest area & I think it works out about £20 a game which isn't too bad atall but any further rises would annoy me now...

Pleased with the u21 deal though that's fair and will help attract those hair starting out in life or at uni :)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The club have given themselves a really short timescale to get all the singers together in the North... unless all that activity with the fans was just 80ll0cks...

I fear the worst and that those b45tard acoustics may haunt us next year too - just like Yankee bloody Doodle.
They asked for feedback on how to improve the atmosphere, you gave them the near impossible challenge of moving several thousand people to suit about 200 and bugger all else.

What do you expect them to do?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Argus are reporting that the travel zone extension is likely to be to Worthing in the West and Eastbourne in the East.

"[the club] are in talks with Southern Rail to extend the reach of the subsidised travel zone, which currently stretches from Lewes in the east to Shoreham-By-Sea in the west, so that Eastbourne and Worthing are included as well."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11809952.Albion_season_ticket_prices_frozen/

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's hard to know exactly where on the scale BHA would sit, tbh. My guess is that ST prices would go up by ~20%; but that's completely a guess. Entirely academic atm though!

Considering how much TB is sponsoring each seat in the ground at the moment, and freezing all prices for next season means that his contribution will go up even more, I would not be at all surprised if prices stayed the same, or even dropped, once we get to the PL (especially for those fans who have been ST holders throughout the time at the Amex). TB is not in this to recoup his investment - I genuinely believe he wants to look after the loyal fans as much as possible and within reason.

Well apologies if I'm wrong but I can't recall the ins and outs. I assumed they'd have researched it properly though. Wasn't there travel books to start with? At £1 a game?

Others have commented on the early voucher/travel arrangements. The lake of interface between the club and a number of providers (eg Southern) risked the finalisation of the transport agreement between the club and council (a planning condition) that had to be in place before the stadium could open. The Council had to intervene very late in order to facilitate a Club/Southern agreement.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Do these U21 tickets mean the end of the even cheaper student prices then? Shame.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Argus are reporting that the travel zone extension is likely to be to Worthing in the West and Eastbourne in the East.

"[the club] are in talks with Southern Rail to extend the reach of the subsidised travel zone, which currently stretches from Lewes in the east to Shoreham-By-Sea in the west, so that Eastbourne and Worthing are included as well."
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11809952.Albion_season_ticket_prices_frozen/
This is excellent news for the Sunshine Coast.

A return from Eastbourne to Lewes costs £7.80 so the additional saving for 23 league games is a whopping £179.40... thanks.

The train From Eastbourne to Falmer is £9.40 - £216.20 per season.

Cost for full paying adult in lovely seat in WSU (as good as almost any view at any football ground anywhere in the world) = £550 - £216.20 = £333.80 / 23 = £14.51 per game.

Barber IN.

Thank you Tony Bloom.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Good move by the club - and the only one they could have made for me to renew.

To all those paying homage to Barber, it really is just basic economics. BHAFC this season has been a crap product.and increasing the price of a crap product just results in reduced sales. Hopefully the price freeze will convince many more to renew.

Good news for those in the extremities that the travel zone is to be extended. Let's hope the negotiations include a service level agreement where the club sets out its basic matchday requirements.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Here's a thought (DISCLAIMER: this very approx method is for illustrative purposes only...pedants please don't post, I don't have time or will to be scientific about it)

Based on an illustrative salary of £10,000 per week:

530, 20% or around 1 in 5 north standers are paying for Kemy's wages every home game.

These calculations are based on a season ticket (£435 exc travel), 23 home games at £18.91 per game.

As a north stander, I was looking to wear the first 'I'm a Kemy 1 in 5 donor'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Will be by FAR the most EXPENSIVE tickets in League 1 as no word of a REDUCTION if we get RELEGATED

Watch the video, Numbnuts :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here