Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ST prices frozen

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Well done to the club on 18-21 tickets, will be good to finally utilise the two universities and get more students to come along!

I am absolutely delighted with that! What with going to Uni I was worried I wouldn't be able to pay the increase to adult ST prices but this will make it much more manageable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paul Barber you top bloke :bowdown:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not going to give the club credit on this like some are on Twitter - it sends out the wrong message to them imo. They've gone up the last 2 yrs so was not expecting a rise and certainly not a reduction. They're amongst the most expensive in the league too. So no pat on the back from me I'm afraid. It's fairly obvious they put the prices fairly fair to start with so people got them then gradually added £30 or so a season - pretty sure that was always the plan & don't really buy the travel line - the club knew what the travel would cost from the start of the Amex era...

The u21 thing now that is very good news and well done the club!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Good news but still one of the 20% undecided.....me and two sons £1745 ...£76 game....Loathe to give up but one son at Uni other playing his own sport most saturdays...Birmingham veered me to renewal....beat Leeds scoring another four goals may convince me.....but £1745 hurts. Hoped by now it might be Prem teams every week but that now looks at least a few years away.

I'm not going to give the club credit on this like some are on Twitter - it sends out the wrong message to them imo. They've gone up the last 2 yrs so was not expecting a rise and certainly not a reduction. They're amongst the most expensive in the league too. So no pat on the back from me I'm afraid. It's fairly obvious they put the prices fairly fair to start with so people got them then gradually added £30 or so a season - pretty sure that was always the plan & don't really buy the travel line - the club knew what the travel would cost from the start of the Amex era...
The u21 thing now that is very good news and well done the club!

That just isn't true and the travel screw up is one of the reasons Ken Brown lost his job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That just isn't true and the travel screw up is one of the reasons Ken Brown lost his job.

To be fair one of many reasons, how many replica shirts did he order as the club could not even give them away at the end

Feb 14, 2010
After the garbage on the pitch this season and inflation at such a low, then a price rise would have been a hard sell. Sensible decision by the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same my lad is 18 in april and already plays for lancing so hasnt been to many games,but now i havent got to pay full price,i will renew,i wonder if the database will automatically put him into the student bracket and charge accordingly or will i have to apply

I would apply, as two years ago when season tickets were renewed, the club lost the database of dates of birth. Pensioners found themselves paying full price direct debits, as did some children.
It might not happen again, but check to apply & check, than just hope it happens.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
After the garbage on the pitch this season and inflation at such a low, then a price rise would have been a hard sell. Sensible decision by the club.

footballers wages aren't a component of RPI

If inflation ran at the same rate as their wages we'd be paying £50 for a pint of shit Harvey's now

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes so I understand about the increase but 51% use it every game in the poll (albeit small sample so far) suggests otherwise

Well he didn't break it down into figures. I imagine that contactless is cheaper to run, no doubt in future seasons we will be able to pay by touching our phones on the readers ( ala ApplePay). Its the future!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Away fans shunted to the southeast corner with Albion non-ST's behind the goal (if I read the graphic right).
Brilliant and not before time :thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So no pat on the back from me.. fairly obvious they put the prices fairly fair to start with so people got them then gradually added £30 or so a season - pretty sure that was always the plan!
North Stand Ticket prices were £395 in 2011/12 and will be £465 in 2015/16. Or £435 without the travel voucher (they went up £30 to pay for that in 13/14). So prices have arguably gone up £40 in 5 years not "gradually added £30 a season".

But agreed they are still some of the highest in the champ although the benefits like free direct debits often overlooked as included in that price.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I would like the club to get Sussex Bus into the travel plan. It really irritates me that I live very much within the travel zone but have no option but to drive or pay Sussex Bus co a tidy sum each time. Using park and ride would probably still be quicker, but means I can only have 1 pint per game and might actually stay for some more afterwards if I didn't have to drive.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you watch the interview with Barber he says that 'should our status change prices will be reviewed'...

Thanks for posting that. I don't have the stomach to listen to that twunt and was wondering where the statement regarding relegation may be. Did he mention whether relegation would enable the renewal to be cancelled if the price reduction wasn't adequate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here