Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs forum ahead of Saturday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have never seen a forum so aggressive and toxic towards their own club. If that is what big time success brings, give me little old Brighton anyway. I hope the game goes exactly as they expect….
Can you please define "big time success". 😆

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Just read through the last few pages of the thread on their forum and they really like my post, which is nice.

If only I had some shitty YouTube channel or Podcast to hawk.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Important to remember that we lost to Spurs earlier this season, albeit in the very early days of De Zerbi. I remember it as one of those games where I came away thinking that every single team that loses to them is going to be really annoyed about it, as they were such an uninspiring (yet effective) side.

That's proven to be a pretty accurate reflection of their whole season. Such a boring team to watch, but relatively strong at the back, with some top class strikers up front, and a dull but just about adequate midfield. It's a footballing travesty that they're fourth in the table after stinking the PL out all season, but that's because they tend to win, even though they're like watching paint dry. They've won their last four home games, so their fans' pessimism isn't quite justified, no matter how poor their last few performances have been.

Relatively strong at the back? Compared to who?

One of the worst defensive records in the league, only 6 teams have let in more.

You have to be pretty poor not to score against Spurs, it's easier to score than not to 😂

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The odds for us winning are just shorter than Spurs, incredible really. I'd be happy with a draw. I can see there's going to be a moment of controversy though that buggers up our chances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Harry Kane. SImple as that really. Take him out of their side and they are ordinary. He wins them pens and freekicks all over the pitch, scores many chances others simply wouldn't take.
How dare you elevate Erik Dier to ordinary.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The odds for us winning are just shorter than Spurs, incredible really. I'd be happy with a draw. I can see there's going to be a moment of controversy though that buggers up our chances.
No sorry our 'happy with a draw' fixtures are further down the line.
Assuming we want to keep the dream alive we do need to win today, a draw just starts the inevitable.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A text book Kane cheat manoeuvre, get Dunk or Veltman sent off, score penalty.

It's not going to happen today please.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Right in front of the refs eyes... it's a mystery how Whiteside could stay on the pitch even by the standards of those days...
Little old Brighton should just feel lucky that they got a chance to play at Webley.

Revenge is a dish best served again and again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wasn
Right in front of the refs eyes... it's a mystery how Whiteside could stay on the pitch even by the standards of those days...
Wasn't even given as a freekick.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I have never seen a forum so aggressive and toxic towards their own club. If that is what big time success brings, give me little old Brighton anyway. I hope the game goes exactly as they expect….

You either haven't been here long or you have a short memory... NSC is not a nice place to be when things aren't going our way. Not sure if it's THAT bad, but it's certainly not far off.

I think Spurs fans just have unrealistically high expectations, which is surprising considering they haven't won a major trophy in 15 years... even Wigan have won one more recently than that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You either haven't been here long or you have a short memory... NSC is not a nice place to be when things aren't going our way. Not sure if it's THAT bad, but it's certainly not far off.

I think Spurs fans just have unrealistically high expectations, which is surprising considering they haven't won a major trophy in 15 years... even Wigan have won one more recently than that.
I can honestly say I've never seen NSC anything like as aggressive to it's own team as that is, pre-game. People say stupid reactionary things on here, but never ever talk like the team are somehow our enemy. That site is absurd. But I'm not sure it's their supporters at large or just the culture on the fightingcock board to act like a complete nob after two admittedly gutless draws.

Spurs are a funny club though. Their support is big, no question. It is comparable with Arsenal's support despite having a fraction of their success, and always has been. I'm therefore torn on the issue that their fans are entitled. I mean on the one hand, they play in front 61,000 every week at the best stadium in the country but also pay the highest prices. Perhaps they are right to expect more success than they get? On the other hand, moaning **pre-match** like the players don't give a shit when they're undoubtedly one of the top 8 sides in the country (unless we're just going to ignore the league table) is absolutely laughable.

On balance, I think I find Arsenal's AFTV last season - insisting Arteta should be sacked after every negative result regardless of how well the opposition played - somewhat worse.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can't give anything for them to shout about today. Hopefully they boo their team at half time to really deflate the place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't give anything for them to shout about today. Hopefully they boo their team at half time to really deflate the place.
Last season I did spend 89mins staring at that wall of fans thinking 'feck me if that goes 'off' it'll be louder than Motorhead at the Worthing Assembly Hall'.

Jnr was also talking about it, to which I replied:-

"wot?"

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Important to remember that we lost to Spurs earlier this season, albeit in the very early days of De Zerbi. I remember it as one of those games where I came away thinking that every single team that loses to them is going to be really annoyed about it, as they were such an uninspiring (yet effective) side.

That's proven to be a pretty accurate reflection of their whole season. Such a boring team to watch, but relatively strong at the back, with some top class strikers up front, and a dull but just about adequate midfield. It's a footballing travesty that they're fourth in the table after stinking the PL out all season, but that's because they tend to win, even though they're like watching paint dry. They've won their last four home games, so their fans' pessimism isn't quite justified, no matter how poor their last few performances have been.
It was the dictionary definition of winning ugly. But they did look very resilient. I remember that game as the main emergence of Mitoma for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here