spiders

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well the Mrs was preggers and on about karma and such like. I had to catch it and to be honest if it had got lairy I would have stamped on it. A bee got caught in one of my kids toys last year and went f***ing mental trying to get out, I threw the while contraption in the garden in the end as I knew if I had extracated it manually it might have gone for me. Do Bees do that?

Bumbles hardly ever sting, worker honeys do but they'll only sting if threatened but on the whole they'd rather leg it if nowhere near the hive (to protect it) as they'd rather survive.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Bumbles hardly ever sting, worker honeys do but they'll only sting if threatened but on the whole they'd rather leg it if nowhere near the hive (to protect it) as they'd rather survive.

Bumbles are the friendliest flying creatures in the animal kingdom. The clue's in the name, they just bumble around from plant to plant, happy as larry

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well done for letting it go. I had someone from the Theridiidae family in my kitchen window for about 6 months. She was huge.
kitchen .jpg

Here it is. Not quite as big as I remember it but still as striking.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Had a big mother fucker of a spider in my room whilst I was playing Fifa in April. Little bugger ran past my foot, so tried to jab it with my xbox controller but it ran under my bed. Rather scared shitless, I sat in my chair waiting for the cretin to come out from under my bed, which it did half a hour later. Wasn't going to mess it up this time; got my massive History of Latin America book and dropped it on it, then got my Stephen Fry in America hardback book and slammed first book repeatedly to make sure the job was done. Unnecessarily harsh? Perhaps. Effective? Yes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oddly enough, I just tried to send a large house spider out the window, but he crawled up my arm and jumped away, and then I found this thread.

I love spiders. Granted, they have given me a fright on my travels, but generally they are our friend. Name me another volunteer that will sit around all day and patiently dispose of files and insects. Flies bad = Spiders good.

Lived with a few large ones in South America. Some of them scared the shit out of me, but they were there before me, so...

Australia, on the other hand, I almost got a bite on my wife's best friend in Fraser Island. Always check where you are peeing before releasing the monster.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hate them, with a passion. Will happily admit that I cack myself. So you can imagine how I was when A baboon spider was 3 inches from my head at 03.30 am in South Africa. Honestly ..... I screamed like a girl.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hate them, with a passion. Will happily admit that I cack myself. So you can imagine how I was when A baboon spider was 3 inches from my head at 03.30 am in South Africa. Honestly ..... I screamed like a girl.

Waahhhaaahaa now that's a spider. I probably would have moved away rather sharpish . . . then looked on in awe.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Waahhhaaahaa now that's a spider. I probably would have moved away rather sharpish . . . then looked on in awe.

It certainly was. Couldn't sleep after that because it dropped onto the floor and couldn't see the damn thing, even though it was huge. In the morning the Safari ranger geezer came to collect us for a game drive. I described the spider and he said they are nearly always in two's. FRICKIN FANTASTIC.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Most spiders in this country really are harmless, and not worth worrying about. I work as a Pest Control Technician and if anyone out there in sussex would like an insecticidal spray done (at a cost of approx £40 depending on location) then feel free to PM me, but i have to be honest and say you are probably wasting your money as these creatures really wont do you any harm.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I f***ing hate spiders. Be it small or big ones I f***ing hate them and the way they scuttle around. Just the other day my brother heard a scuttling noise on the wall perhaps a mere 3 inches above his head and after he had killed it I saw it and it was one of the biggest ones I've ever seen in my house. Now theres only a stain on the wall to remember it by

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
Iv always hated spiders since watching an episode of Dr Who in the 70's were huge one's rode about on peoples backs
and control them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports