Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
B&H will just cash in by laying on more 25s and 21 (or is it 23) buses I should imagine when the bus times gets updated for September.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
B&H will just cash in by laying on more 25s and 21 (or is it 23) buses I should imagine when the bus times gets updated for September.

Exactly , an opportunity to run some extra 25s as a limited stop express service between Old Steine and Falmer on matchdays

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
bus+wankers+-+s02e04.PNG

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Are you telling me the manky old white R bus is part of B&H's fleet? Blimey.

The wheezing pink double decker on the H route was a sight to behold ( I think you'll find that B&H rented extra buses as they ran out of their own ).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are you telling me the manky old white R bus is part of B&H's fleet? Blimey.

It would belong to another operator , all B&H buses (apart from the training buses , sightseeing buses and heritage Routemaster) have the red and cream livery with or without route branding.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I live the bottom of Fox Way so I've been catching the S bus. It took 20-25 mins at most. Catching bus no 6 then changing to the 25 to Amex takes almost 1.5 hours and that's mid morning.........Saturday afternoon..hell!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Exactly , an opportunity to run some extra 25s as a limited stop express service between Old Steine and Falmer on matchdays

Yep. Can't see them losing money. They put on 'match day special' extra 25s as it is. They'll have the resource to do more now. Although B&h do have a long history of serving the Albion. Remember the promotion parades where the teams toured the city in the open tops. Quite a few not in service buses display 'up the Albion' too.

I doubt it will be the Big Lemon, so possibly Metrobus or Stagecoach unless they start using coach companies?.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yep. Can't see them losing money. They put on 'match day special' extra 25s as it is. They'll have the resource to do more now. Although B&h do have a long history of serving the Albion. Remember the promotion parades where the teams toured the city in the open tops. Quite a few not in service buses display 'up the Albion' too.

I doubt it will be the Big Lemon, so possibly Metrobus or Stagecoach unless they start using coach companies?.
Compass Travel maybe involved. When the buses are running out of service they should also display "18 Palace" with "Up The Albion"

I'm now expecting Lord Bracknell's company to announce they have a gleaming fleet of brand spanking new Mercedes coaches to ferry us to and from the games! Well done Paul Barber; it's a veritable roller coaster supporting the Albion.
If only.

Seriously ... my company has, in the past (and still does), run bus services in Brighton to complement the excellent network of buses that the Brighton & Hove Bus Company runs. Whenever this has happened, B&H Buses have been fully in the picture about what we been up to, and we have used B&H Buses to promote the service and publicise the timetable (including putting up information at individual bus stops for us). I would never expect B&H Buses to take a "nothing to do with us, mate ... ask someone else" approach. Everybody benefits (including B&H Buses) if there is a comprehensive network of routes available.

It is very strange that a different approach seems to be have been adopted now. It's even worse that the football club seems to be responsible. We are customers of the football club, and we pay our money to them, not a bus company. The club gets no credit for handling things like this.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
From what I've heard because the Special Buses were so well used, the club asked B&H Buses to provide more vehicles, to which the company replied "Yes, if you pay us X amount more", the club turned round and said no - so the deal is off. Im sure plenty of local independent bus companies from across Sussex would love to have bits of the contract, could be a big boost for some of them. I think that new company Seaford and District is getting a fair bit from using its vehicles on the P&R !!

Compass Travel provided a lot of buses too, wouldnt be surprised if they get the contract, then do what B&H did by loaning other companies in.

Id expect something is provisionally sorted, just not confirmed yet - but B&H have decided to post about it anyway. Could save the club a bit of money and benefit fans/customers !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here