Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The communications from the club at the moment are shocking and the most worrying thing about all of these changes. We don't get told anything unless the question is asked.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I am sorry but sometimes 'any excuse to bitch at the club' does not cover it, pathetic lads

To be fair, I dont think many did.

Most people were reserved and said "If this is true then it is madness/terrible etc etc".

It appears to not be true....so there is no madness/terribleness to be had.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here is the latest answer to my question regarding the message on the B&H Buses site:

Hi Phil

That was news to me. I’ve asked our Transport Manager if he can shed some light on it and he has told me:

“There are to be some improved changes to our transport plans for the coming season. Once the new travel plans has been agreed between the club and its service partners, information will be released to all supporters.”

Kind regards

I hope they don't build a brewery at the Albion, or they'll fail impressivley to arrange a piss up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here is the latest answer to my question regarding the message on the B&H Buses site:

Hi Phil

That was news to me. I’ve asked our Transport Manager if he can shed some light on it and he has told me:

“There are to be some improved changes to our transport plans for the coming season. Once the new travel plans has been agreed between the club and its service partners, information will be released to all supporters.”

Kind regards

I hope they don't build a brewery at the Albion, or they'll fail impressivley to arrange a piss up.

Well let's hope it is sorted then. Rather strange that the club dispense with B&H Buses BEFORE coming to an agreement with an alternative supplier - a dangerous path to tread.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No special buses this season

Before someone invented sun cream, was skin cancer more prevalent amongst humans than it is now?

I've been wondering that for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No special buses this season

Well let's hope it is sorted then. Rather strange that the club dispense with B&H Buses BEFORE coming to an agreement with an alternative supplier - a dangerous path to tread.

Unless it's time to renew the contract and negotiations fell through.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Irrespective of whether this info is correct, surely the club can see that not mentioning there is no transport for the Newport game when selling the tickets is an absolute disgrace. I can just see loads of fans standing at bus stops waiting for non-existent buses, being refused entry to the trains and finding the P&R sites not open an hour before KO. In fact that could still happen because not everybody reads NSC and unless the club hurries up and tells us all officially, there is going to be all hell to pay on the day. I think I read that the Newport fans are still being directed to non-existent P&R sites or told to get a free train ride when they get to Haywards Heath so that should make life interesting for them!.

Incidently I have 3 spare seats, (plus room for a small one), in my car for the Newport match for any fellow Mile Oak residents if they would like to PM me as my usual passengers aren't going.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Before someone invented sun cream, was skin cancer more prevalent amongst humans than it is now?

I've been wondering that for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

:lolol:

Yes. Although it was originally developed to stop sun burn - cancer wasn't really in the equation. Only after the sun damage/skin cancer studies came to light did the recommendation to use sun block.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If NSC was a face...

7643-l.jpg

Attachments

• On-The-Buses.gif
    On-The-Buses.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 195

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Irrespective of whether this info is correct, surely the club can see that not mentioning there is no transport for the Newport game when selling the tickets is an absolute disgrace. I can just see loads of fans standing at bus stops waiting for non-existent buses, being refused entry to the trains and finding the P&R sites not open an hour before KO. In fact that could still happen because not everybody reads NSC and unless the club hurries up and tells us all officially, there is going to be all hell to pay on the day. I think I read that the Newport fans are still being directed to non-existent P&R sites or told to get a free train ride when they get to Haywards Heath so that should make life interesting for them!.

Incidently I have 3 spare seats, (plus room for a small one), in my car for the Newport match for any fellow Mile Oak residents if they would like to PM me as my usual passengers aren't going.

100% this, I really cannot understand the fans who think it is all OK for the club selling tickets to home and away fans, without informing them there is no transport, frankly unbelievable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why all the panic ? The club maybe renegotiating the tender on the 4 special routes with alternative bus operators to reduce costs and B&H Buses have let it slip they are not running those routes. Seems as if there was an embargo until a coordinated announcement was released and one party has jumped the gun.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternate Provider

:lolol:

Yes. Although it was originally developed to stop sun burn - cancer wasn't really in the equation. Only after the sun damage/skin cancer studies came to light did the recommendation to use sun block.

Excellent. So, say slaves working in the fields for the Romans, would have just had to put up with skin cancer (if scurvy, syphilis or malnutrition didn't get them first)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here