Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spare

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love how those so outraged by these comments have fallen for the bait.

The real story here is that that despicable family leaked stories about one of their own to the press to set an agenda. How could you do that to your own flesh and blood?

What an absolute filth of an institution. Full of bigots and cockroaches, looking down their noses at everyone. Disgraceful. Those of you that support it and support behaviour like this should be ashamed of yourselves.

Good on Harry for sticking up for his family, the one that actually give a shit about him.
If Harry does have mental health issues I’d expect his wife to be reining him in from doing this, rather than backing him. :shrug:

Maybe that’s just me though

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I love how those so outraged by these comments have fallen for the bait.

The real story here is that that despicable family leaked stories about one of their own to the press to set an agenda. How could you do that to your own flesh and blood?

What an absolute filth of an institution. Full of bigots and cockroaches, looking down their noses at everyone. Disgraceful. Those of you that support it and support behaviour like this should be ashamed of yourselves.

Good on Harry for sticking up for his family, the one that actually give a shit about him.
top marks for highlighting the irony.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t understand how anyone could read/hear the full text and use a word like gloating, celebrating etc. It feels very very different to me. Compare this to the same media who called him a war hero ten years ago. But remember folks people have not swallowed media narrative.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I would respectfully suggest you listen to the James O'Brien clip of him reading the segment from the book and you might see it in a different light to just the 'snippets' reported on news and in the papers. You might then not think that it is something he is gloating about.
And as I have said, gloating was the wrong word to use. So I would respectfully suggest you read the words I put regarding the words wrong gloating and word

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
You have not even tried to answer the question. It was a story anyway.

The taliban already knew he had killed.

Ant Middleton was unknown until he started making a living from his stories.
Jesus christ, he hadn't referred to human beings as chess pieces had he? He might have, those headlines were from a long time ago. If at the time the Daily Star has direct quotes from him saying he removed human pieces from the board, fair enough.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Jesus christ, he hadn't referred to human beings as chess pieces had he? He might have, those headlines were from a long time ago. If at the time the Daily Star has direct quotes from him saying he removed human pieces from the board, fair enough.
So hang on.

The Taliban knew he had killed people. They think “okay. Fair enough”

The Taliban find out his coping mechanism (which is common) is to dehumanise and now they think “you need to die as you have crossed a line”

I get it. Killing people is okay. But thinking of them as not human is crossing a line. That right?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
lots of mugs on here
The one thing Harry wants more than anything is the publicity and boy is he getting it. All the commentators frothing with outrage means more dollars in the bank, they do all his publicity for free while he counts the dollars

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The one thing Harry wants more than anything is the publicity and boy is he getting it. All the commentators frothing with outrage means more dollars in the bank, they do all his publicity for free while he counts the dollars
Counting money is one of the Windsor family’s greatest achievements.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I don’t understand how anyone could read/hear the full text and use a word like gloating, celebrating etc. It feels very very different to me. Compare this to the same media who called him a war hero ten years ago. But remember folks people have not swallowed media narrative.

I have no real dog in this fight.
A pox on all their houses.

But the (right wing, billionaire owned) media response, and the widespread, acceptance of the narrative set by that media is doing a very good job of proving Harry right in the most important part of what he has said.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
he's gonna need a bigger boat, er, war chest

he's gonna spend a lot of money on lawyers,

trying to "even it up", with the right wing press, more power to his elbow, i say

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
And as I have said, gloating was the wrong word to use. So I would respectfully suggest you read the words I put regarding the words wrong gloating and word
There's none so blind as those that will not see!

In post 229 (your post) you said he was gloating/celebrating etc etc. That's just regurgitating what the press have decided. I'm guessing you still haven't listened to James O'Brien reading the extract from the book. You can lead a horse to water etc etc....

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
There's none so blind as those that will not see!

In post 229 (your post) you said he was gloating/celebrating etc etc. That's just regurgitating what the press have decided. I'm guessing you still haven't listened to James O'Brien reading the extract from the book. You can lead a horse to water etc etc....
Have you read past post 229? I can type out the words again but I can't make you understand them. That's for you to work out. A dictionary may help if you are struggling. It tells you the meaning of the words.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I don’t understand how anyone could read/hear the full text and use a word like gloating, celebrating etc. It feels very very different to me.
I think the point is mentioning the number unbidden in any context is unbecoming and O and a G. It can and probably will be used by all sorts of people for their own ends, this thread is evidence of that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have you read past post 229? I can type out the words again but I can't make you understand them. That's for you to work out. A dictionary may help if you are struggling. It tells you the meaning of the words.
Good, so you accept you using the word 'gloating' was wrong. I assume you also accept that the word 'celebrate' was also wrong. And just for clarity, did you listen to the clip, simple yes or no?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Harry has basically adopted the direct to the public business model, he bypassed the middlemen, no need to deal with the UK tabloids. Meanwhile, he builds a war chest to take them on if they do anything twatty...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Life's too short to argue on this thread.

If ever there was a post I could agree with its this. Choose your fighter.

Is it the bloke with the big ears who takes 3 million in cash from Qatar whilst lecturing us about the environment?

How about the non sweaty one who hangs out at Pizza express?

Is it the one whose massively into pegs with the chain smoking wife?

Or is it the one who wants to live a private life with his own Netflix series who will tell you how he lost his virginity for a pint and a bag of salt and vinegar?

We are pumping shit in the sea, the trains are f***ed, the nurses are on strike, there's no post and we are arguing about this shit. Sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here