Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spare

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't he just give it a rest.

It's squalid and unedifying.

I don't want to know except the BBC news keep banging on about every other sentence.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Unfortunately Harry has been taken in by his wife , a streetwise manipulative woman who knows exactly how to get her own way with him . Back living where she always wanted in a mansion in one of the poshest parts of LA, near Beverly Hills and near her showbiz friends . She had met Oprah twice before inviting her to her wedding apparently but didn’t see fit to invite any members of her own family apart from her mother . That says it all about her priorities in my view .

Scheming , manipulative and Harry has been taken in hook line and sinker . He’s ended up leaving the environment he loves , all his armed forces work and his family . I’m assuming she must be good in bed .
Good in bed until she got what she wanted 🤣

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is amazing how so many people have such a strong view about how Harry is being controlled by his manipulative wife. Where does this view come from? Have you met her? Spoken to people close to them both? Or is it media driven? The same media that think all football fans are hooligans?

Someone has dug up the old newspapers from 2013 where the tabloids celebrated Harry as a taliban killing apache pilot. Do we have any idea why 10 years later the same papers are attacking him for saying he killed people? They are rolling out military bods saying how you should not say you have killed people. Andrew neill has written a frothing at the mouth piece about how writing he killed people puts his family at Risk. It is like the old front pages calling him a killer and hero never happened.

I feel sorry for him because he seems to have lost his family now after losing his mum in a such a public and shattering way.

He seems like a good egg to me but I have not met him so maybe I am wrong.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Blimey - I thought Andrew had done far worse. A lot of people with very short memories. At least H wasn't hanging around with a Paedophile and having relationships with teenage girls (allegedly!)

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
It is amazing how so many people have such a strong view about how Harry is being controlled by his manipulative wife. Where does this view come from? Have you met her? Spoken to people close to them both? Or is it media driven? The same media that think all football fans are hooligans?

Someone has dug up the old newspapers from 2013 where the tabloids celebrated Harry as a taliban killing apache pilot. Do we have any idea why 10 years later the same papers are attacking him for saying he killed people? They are rolling out military bods saying how you should not say you have killed people. Andrew neill has written a frothing at the mouth piece about how writing he killed people puts his family at Risk. It is like the old front pages calling him a killer and hero never happened.

I feel sorry for him because he seems to have lost his family now after losing his mum in a such a public and shattering way.

There is a difference between been a Taliban killing pilot and a gloating Taliban chess piece human killing pilot.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
All to easy to shout out expletives, when you probably don't understand or even know what happened behind the scenes.
I don't think that H would make these kinda things up.
A traumatized kid who has endured seeing his mother die at the hands of the paparazzi and basically told to suck it up by the institution.
Normal folk would probably be offered counselling or other, but when yr in the public eye and part of a unit, that's kept the same ethos for years, things are hard to change.
All IMO of course.
I always thought his mother died in a car crash because she didn't wear a seatbelt...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
There is a difference between been a Taliban killing pilot and a gloating Taliban chess piece human killing pilot.
Where is the gloating? He says how many he killed and explained the thought process and how you have to see the enemy different. The headlines included “take a life to save a life” although the sun went further by exclaiming “hero prince on missile strike on commander”

That sounds to me like the paper is gloating about our royal family being epic tbh.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Where is the gloating? He says how many he killed and explained the thought process and how you have to see the enemy different. The headlines included “take a life to save a life” although the sun went further by exclaiming “hero prince on missile strike on commander”

That sounds to me like the paper is gloating about our royal family being epic tbh.
Maybe gloating is the wrong word, I'll give you that. But talking about your fellow man as chess pieces that need removing. Not sure that needs publishing even though that is the thought process needed.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

yes it is quite incredible how Harry is the Villian yet Prince Andrew gets a free pass - they brushed that under the carpet pretty quickly. We still have to pay for Andrew including the 4m bung to get him out of that lawsuit, I assume now Harry is out we don't have to subsidise him, strange how selective people's opinions are when it comes to how taxpayer cash is spent.

Maybe Andrew should marry a black woman then he'd get the same baying mob treatment

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Maybe gloating is the wrong word, I'll give you that. But talking about your fellow man as chess pieces that need removing. Not sure that needs publishing even though that is the thought process needed.
i wonder if that is why the tabloids hate all the former special forces chaps who write books and make a lot of money publishing details of their kills. I wonder how many books Andy mcnab has sold. Bravo 2 zero certainly presents a number of Iraqis killed compared to the three (iirc) that they lost.

In fact didn’t the Sun attack channel four for cancelling someone who famously talks about killing? Any Middleton.

Maybe him talking about it is okay?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes it is quite incredible how Harry is the Villian yet Prince Andrew gets a free pass - they brushed that under the carpet pretty quickly. We still have to pay for Andrew including the 4m bung to get him out of that lawsuit, I assume now Harry is out we don't have to subsidise him, strange how selective people's opinions are when it comes to how taxpayer cash is spent.

Maybe Andrew should marry a black woman then he'd get the same baying mob treatment
well thats the media for you. if you stay low the story will pass for a while, its not news anymore. if you release a TV series, autobiography, host interviews discussing your life, strained family relations and upcoming book, it tends to get some more column inches. which is the point, to sell more books. next week it'll be something else.

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
i wonder if that is why the tabloids hate all the former special forces chaps who write books and make a lot of money publishing details of their kills. I wonder how many books Andy mcnab has sold. Bravo 2 zero certainly presents a number of Iraqis killed compared to the three (iirc) that they lost.

In fact didn’t the Sun attack channel four for cancelling someone who famously talks about killing? Any Middleton.

Maybe him talking about it is okay?
If you can't tell the difference between the Kings son talking about how many Taliban chess pieces he removed and your typical squaddie talking about it, then I can't help you.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If you can't tell the difference between the Kings son talking about how many Taliban chess pieces he removed and your typical squaddie talking about it, then I can't help you.
I don’t get it though. He was an apache pilot. Wouldn’t it be very odd if he had not killed people? As he explains he knows how many were killed because of how it happens compared to other kills. It is all about context.

I don’t think he should have talked about it but I don’t get why anyone should and why his family is in danger because of it whereas someone who was faceless who then goes public and can be hired to do personal appearances is not.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I can’t believe how the Sussexes PR team/ publishers have attempted to insult all of our respective intelligences with this laughable ‘leak’ of the book to the Guardian?

Let’s hope common sense prevails and the silent majority are watching the excellent ‘Happy Valley’ on BBC One at 9pm Sunday night?
Happy Valley gets a larger audience in the overnight figures👍

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
I don’t get it though. He was an apache pilot. Wouldn’t it be very odd if he had not killed people? As he explains he knows how many were killed because of how it happens compared to other kills. It is all about context.

I don’t think he should have talked about it but I don’t get why anyone should and why his family is in danger because of it whereas someone who was faceless who then goes public and can be hired to do personal appearances is not.
Because sharp shooter Steve from Stevenage isn't as much a prize kill as the King of England son in the eyes of the Taliban.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here