Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He's just pointing out that it is a proper shìt idea that oozes plastic marketing gimmickry. Which it is
In your 'all knowing', 'look at me', 'holier than thou' opinion of course.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I imagine the dress code will exclude 1901ers from this bit of fun?

I see NO PROBLEM at all. I'm half tempted you know...

Untitled.png

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But what does it matter?

I don't get why any of this matters.

Reading the bile and vitriol on here I half expect there to be a lynch mob at the station ready to duff up anyone wearing espadrilles.

Yes it's a crap idea, dreamed up by a desk bound Rodney, but why do the agenda police think it's worth it.
If you don't like it don't do it and the club won't do it again.

But people will do it, people will enjoy it. Stat Club Juniors would be all over this if I was stupid enough to tell them.
It is 'new football', deal with it or don't go.

It's only the new football In the places that let it be that way.

Grow some bollocks and don't take everything your told to take.

Spanish day is no biggy , let it be , but what's your attitude if goal music comes in , or clackers every game?

There are times to stand up to things rather than just accept . Bear it in mind .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I see NO PROBLEM at all. I'm half tempted you know...

View attachment 46941

Me too.

Most of what is said on here has little impact on what I see at the ground. I remember the campaign to buy all those inflatable seagulls off Amazon at the end of last season for £1 each. Post after post 'lets fill the stadium with the inflatable seagulls'. I think I counted 12 in the end.

Who gives a sh*t if people decide to dress up in Spanish fancy dress. I see far more crimes against fashion going into the North Stand every week as it is!!!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Who cares. It if helps sell extra tickets then fine. They're putting on a Catalan lager which is great. I doubt i'll notice much else about spanish day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's only the new football In the places that let it be that way.

Grow some bollocks and don't take everything your told to take.

Spanish day is no biggy , let it be , but what's your attitude if goal music comes in , or clackers every game?

There are times to stand up to things rather than just accept . Bear it in mind .
I'm quite happy with my bollocks, thanks.
I'm also happy with my ability to say, 'that's not for me, but go ahead if you want to, it's not hurting anyone or impacting on my enjoyment'.

I was at Cardiff last season.
A team playing in red in a stadium with twice as many Malaysian flags/banners than Welsh or Cardiff ones.

If you throw your toys out at every perceived slight when the big ones come along, like goal music, nobody is going to listen.

It's a bit of fun that may or may not pay off, so what.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Its just harmless fun at the end of the day. If kids and adults want to get involved then fine let them do it. Its not compulsory to join in. I personally won t be joining in but i won t care if others do. I would imaigen it will be more the east stand and maybe some of the west and south that join in more than the north. At the ens of the day if it gets numbers through the door and money in the tills the club will be happy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just one of those initiatives that is always better if the supporters come up with it themselves, as opposed to the clubs' marketing boffins.

Can't say it bothers me- I won't be dressing up, but if someone else wants to, all power to them.

Some people on here really do PANIC at what they perceive others think of us :lol:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Can I turn up in my 06/07 Real Sociedad shirt I bought whilst on holiday in San Sebastian?
It's blue and white ?
To be fair all this complaining about the players being Basque or Catalan not Spanish is silly. Like saying that someone who is Welsh or Scottish isn't British.
Spain is made up of 17 autonomous communities and two cities (feel free to correct the number). However much some of the people in some of them wish they were more independent, at the moment they aren't.
I guess most people are saying they are 'Spanish' if they are from Castilla y Leon as Castilian is the language Spanish.

I love Spain but disagree with the need for a Spanish day, don't we have fewer Spanish players than last year?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thing is, I'm not sure how bothered the average Spaniard is about the Gibraltan question. Many might have a view on it that opposes our own, but that's always going to be the case when it comes to international politics.

Last month's nonsense was entirely motivated by a feeble government keen to deflect from it's own personal failings.

Theirs or Ours ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its just harmless fun at the end of the day. If kids and adults want to get involved then fine let them do it. Its not compulsory to join in. I personally won t be joining in but i won t care if others do. I would imaigen it will be more the east stand and maybe some of the west and south that join in more than the north. At the ens of the day if it gets numbers through the door and money in the tills the club will be happy.

This. Some of our fans are so f*cking precious.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Can't say it bothers me- I won't be dressing up, but if someone else wants to, all power to them.

:
Says she who dressed up as Madge at Notts County....... cant see why an intiative should have more validity coming from you as opposed to from the club.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
As I am in Spain now, How many sombreros shall I bring back?
Come on , you know it's worth it, just to see the look on the faces of the hard kids on here.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here