Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spanish Dave

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Has the petition worked? ???

North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat 17m
Expect the #BHAFC player movements to start going the other way now. Busy week ahead, starting tomorrow. Possibly a favourite returning too.

Power to the People

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I highly doubt the petition has done anything. If he comes back it'll be down to the club reviewing them letting him go from watching his performances or something.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I highly doubt the petition has done anything. If he comes back it'll be down to the club reviewing them letting him go from watching his performances or something.

Maybe the tweets to #OscarBHAFC raised attention to what Spanish Dave can do ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Maybe the club identified another target, he has been snapped up/turned us down, so they've gone back to Dave.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, within a day the club has ditched it's financial budget because of a petition from a few young fans. That sounds realistic.

There's no indication of a change in budget whether SD comes back or not...

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Ok, so he can take free-kicks and penalties but, as others have said, went missing at times and is a bit one-paced. He turned down a contract for whatever reason so forget about him. I can't believe there aren't others that the new management know of who aren't at least as good.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, so he can take free-kicks and penalties but, as others have said, went missing at times and is a bit one-paced. He turned down a contract for whatever reason so forget about him. I can't believe there aren't others that the new management know of who aren't at least as good.

Actually, he DID NOT turn down a contract. Rather, it was withdrawn by the club.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Absolute shit. Find me one player in the championship that is as good as him available on a free.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

How do you know that he turned down a contract? A delay doesn't necessarily mean it was rejected. El-Abd renegotiated his contract to 2 years without problems, despite talking to Barnsley in the meantime.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Absolute shit. Find me one player in the championship that is as good as him available on a free.

Agreed. We do not want another Glenn Murray situation. He scored 7 goals in 30 something apps from midfield. Would be v happy if he comes back

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I notice you also missed out that he is a very, very confident finisher, was probably the most technically gifted player at the club and can completely run games with his passing ability.

I HATE this downplaying of players after they've left to pretend to make ourselves feel better. Lopez was one of the best players in the division once he found his groove.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hope so, if not we will have to find another player to sponsor :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here