Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spanish Dave

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He didn't know who the manager was at the time though. Does anyone know when his contract offer was withdrawn?

Yes he gave the reason for not signing because he wanted to know who the New boss would be... then it was subsequently withdrawn..El Abd on the other hand who also hadnt signed subsequently was offered a 2 yr contract

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I like this. Maybe we can become one of those mental clubs like Boca where the fans decide who we sign and who the manager picks, because if the club goes against us we'll turn our backs in the ground and throw fireworks / chickens / pig heads / motorcycles at the players and tear the place apart. We can turn up at the training ground in huge numbers and demand that JFC is made captain or we'll burn the place down. That kind of stuff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I'm now on your ignore list you wont see this, but if it was just a pathetic empty threat, then you get the joys of seeing this well thought out reply F**k you.

However im not going to start crying like a baby just because the OP wants Dave back because he helped him through some tough times, pathetic argument or reason to want a player back.

Was there really any need for that? I agree that the motives for the petition do not justify the petition, but your nasty sneering mocking message borders on trolling. Would you say that to the person face to face?

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
Fabulous free-kick that will live long in the memory against Palace, and several other moments of class scattered over the course of the season. However, also looked off the pace and went missing on a few occasions.

Good player, but certainly not the Messi-like messaiah that some are (at times embarrassingly) labelling him as.

Move on.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He didn't know who the manager was at the time though. Does anyone know when his contract offer was withdrawn?

In other words, he only would have signed if it had suited him...Not really the sign of a "team" player is it?

How many of us would say they would only accept a job if they liked or knew who their line manager would be.

Offered contract, didn't sign.
Couldn't find better offer, wants contract.
Offer withdrawn.

True colours showing through there, greedy arrogant pro footballer.

Sign him up.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Yes he gave the reason for not signing because he wanted to know who the New boss would be... then it was subsequently withdrawn..El Abd on the other hand who also hadnt signed subsequently was offered a 2 yr contract

And El Abd had spoken to Barnsley as well! ???

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Was there really any need for that? I agree that the motives for the petition do not justify the petition, but your nasty sneering mocking message borders on trolling. Would you say that to the person face to face?

I'd tell them face to face, whats the issue, its true.

1st issue if im on his ignore list no issue, he wont see it. if i'm not then why through around empty threats.

2nd it is a pathetic reason to want to keep a player. Maybe I should start a petetion to get Craig Noone back because he scored a goal on my brothers bday, who split up with his long term gf that day...?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Never felt the need for an ignore list I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, if I dont agree with it I normally just move on to the next thread, I have to date never felt the need to compare anyone to a grilled sandwich though! You can do/say what you want though mate I dont really care, but believe me if you ever met me you would not say it to my face, that I guarantee!!

1st issue if im on his ignore list no issue, he wont see it. if i'm not then why through around empty threats.

2nd it is a pathetic reason to want to keep a player. Maybe I should start a petetion to get Craig Noone back because he scored a goal on my brothers bday, who split up with his long term gf that day...?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The person who has put you on 'ignore' is not, I don't think, the OP.

If someone is sufficiently disturbed by 'events' to propose something that (here I agree with you) is not appropriate, there is no need to describe them as 'crying like a baby' and 'pathetic'.

If this is how you think you'd speak to the OP in person, I'd be surprised. It doesn't help that emails are not nuanced by tone, so I can't be sure of yours, but I haven't seen anything from you to suggest wry humour or irony let alone empathy. Just harshness and bullying.

Anyway, whatever. I'm sure the OP will be able to comment if inclined. Apparently they are not inclined.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In other words, he only would have signed if it had suited him...Not really the sign of a "team" player is it?

How many of us would say they would only accept a job if they liked or knew who their line manager would be.

I don't think he has said anything about liking the manager.. purely waiting to see what's going on which imho isent totally unreasonable.. so not sure that marks him as not being a team player..ultimately though he has paid the price

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm signing the petition not to force Brighton to sign Spanish Dave but to show how much I appreciate him, class player and wish he fitted in Oscar's plans.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

Whether the petition is justified or not is immaterial, people can take it seriously, as a bit of fun or just don't sign it, that simple - does it really affect anyone's lives on this board? No, I think not.... however, clearly for the OP Mr Lopez did affect his life in a positive way after a very tough time for him and those closest to him.

How many people come on here with their "Look at me" threads garnering sympathy from here and there when they are being very negative, and sometimes some of those NSCers provide positive help to those in need - the OP wasn't asking for any sympathy or support for himself, he was merely trying to make a positive contribution however unlikely it is to make a difference to the contract situation. The worst case scenario is that there are few names on the petition which could be sent to SD to show their support and appreciation to him, just like the OP wants to do.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here, that's what makes this board what it is - but outright abuse is just not warranted.

D

Deleted member 2719

3900 views and just 75 signed.

I like Spanish Dave but trust the managment team to get the squad within budget to have a crack at promotion.

No pressure Oscar.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Has the petition worked? ???

North Stand Chat ‏@NorthStandChat 17m
Expect the #BHAFC player movements to start going the other way now. Busy week ahead, starting tomorrow. Possibly a favourite returning too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here