Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spanish Dave

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I love Spanish Dave. We now need a new penalty taker or it'll be...

FFS Barnes!

He has scored 9-10 penalties out of 14. That's 64-71%. For context, last season Man Utd converted 50% of theirs. Man city 67%, Chelsea 78%. As a team, our penalty taking record is worse the season where we chop and change. Our best season for penalties under gus was two seasons ago, where Barnes scored 6 out of 7.

And Crofts took the penalty v Crawley.

D

Deleted member 18477

He has scored 9-10 penalties out of 14. That's 64-71%. For context, last season Man Utd converted 50% of theirs. Man city 67%, Chelsea 78%. As a team, our penalty taking record is worse the season where we chop and change. Our best season for penalties under gus was two seasons ago, where Barnes scored 6 out of 7.

And Crofts took the penalty v Crawley.

Spanish dave scored every penalty. He'll be a huge miss!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
People keep forgetting that we offered Lopez a contract and he didn't sign it.

Regardless of everything...HE chose to take his agents advice and NOT sign his contract.

If he really wanted to stay, he would have signed the contract that was offered to him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Regardless of everything...HE chose to take his agents advice and NOT sign his contract.

If he really wanted to stay, he would have signed the contract that was offered to him.

This.

And although Crofty scored his pen it was 'ropey', with the Crawley keeper very nearly saving it.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

He didn't know who the manager was at the time though. Does anyone know when his contract offer was withdrawn?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He didn't know who the manager was at the time though. Does anyone know when his contract offer was withdrawn?

Pretty certain it was AFTER Oscar was appointed but BEFORE he signed his contract.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He was a quality player, also made a pretty good right back, but lacked a bit of pace. I assume as club withdrew the offer they have a younger quicker replacement lined up, or maybe JFC will get his chance.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Top replies there chaps!

A football message board starting threads about........ football.

FWIW, I would love to have SD back. It was a nice feeling when we were awarded a penalty. He wasn't great against CP but he was in a lot of games (and we don't know WHAT happened behind the scenes between those two semi finals)

Unfortunately the petition falls down as there are too many anonymous signatures. Mourniho?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

You my friend are now on my ignore list, simply because of your pointless abuse of the OP, using an insult that I bet you can't even explain....you just heard it in the playground once didn't you?...don't answer, I am not listening.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Might be better off petitioning Spanish Dave via his Twitter. He could enquire with Burke if there is any possibility of now accepting the clubs offer, or as Calde had to do a few years back, doing a deal for a lesser offer.
The club has to stick to it's guns, they need to know if a deal is going somewhere or not as soon as possible so they can move on to the next target, before they are signed up with someone else. And the club can't offer all that is available in the budget for those targets wages or transfers with an offer still out there for Lopez.
Burke got it right I think but until he signs elsewhere, I will hope that he does a Calde.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about you let the manger do his job ffs? They don't want him, get over it.

This, with knobs on (decorated with candles and glitter).

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
How about you let the manger do his job ffs? They don't want him, get over it.

Yes but why don't they want him? Is it part of a plan or just how things have turned out? I can understand not keeping Hammond and Vicente and originally thought the coolness toward SD was because someone else had been identified and lined up. However this does not appear to be the case. Perhaps his agent has not helped him or OG simply does not rate him. There is still time for more last minute signings, like last year, before the end of August. Until then though it feels as if our overall midfield options seem weaker than the end of last season, even with JFC and development squad options in the mix.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You my friend are now on my ignore list, simply because of your pointless abuse of the OP, using an insult that I bet you can't even explain....you just heard it in the playground once didn't you?...don't answer, I am not listening.

Someone in a bad mood hey?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This.

And although Crofty scored his pen it was 'ropey', with the Crawley keeper very nearly saving it.

It only looks ropey because the keeper guessed correct, it was right in the corner. If he had dived the other way, it would've appeared to be a very solid penalty.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

If I'm now on your ignore list you wont see this, but if it was just a pathetic empty threat, then you get the joys of seeing this well thought out reply F**k you.

Now for a more thought out reply, the OP trying to get get the club to change there mind about Dave is more pathetic than the insult. I loved Dave, his range of passing was brilliant and he showed a real passion for playing in blue and white and i loved it.

However im not going to start crying like a baby just because the OP wants Dave back because he helped him through some tough times, pathetic argument or reason to want a player back. if he wants to thank Dave, why not write to the club who im sure would pass it on, tweet him or use one of the many other ways of communication we have.

Begging for someone to come back is all a bit gutless and the club must have its reasons for withdrawing the contract. so lets all get on with it and let it be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here