Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Davis. Richardson, Fonte, Hooiveld, Fox. Chaplow, Hammond(c), Cork, Lallana. Guly, Lambert

Bench:Bialkowski, Schneiderlin, Barnard, Martin and De Ridder

Very very strong I'm pleased to see and Lambert is up front

That looks like a bog standard 4-4-2.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The team is ok, have options on the bench, but my worry is that its a bit defensive sending out the wrong message to the Saints, we are just inviting them to attack and thats fine all the time the score is 0-0, but as soon as they score we are f***ed. thats not a negative comment, its fact.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not a chance.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
OfficialBHAFC: Albion team v Saints: Harper; Taricco, Greer, Dunk, Painter; Bridcutt, Navarro, Harley; Noone, Paynter, Mackail-Smith. #bhafc

subs unknown

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The team is ok, have options on the bench, but my worry is that its a bit defensive sending out the wrong message to the Saints, we are just inviting them to attack and thats fine all the time the score is 0-0, but as soon as they score we are f***ed. thats not a negative comment, its fact.

I think Southampton are more of a counter-attacking team and the important thing is not to lose the ball in midfield. Navarro will be the star player. Perhaps, Sparrow as well. They will have most of the work to do. A big test for Paynter.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Will be absolutely delighted if we get a point today. Their team looks very very strong and Harley and Navarro in midfield does not fill me with a great deal of confidence.

Shame about our injuries, I would have given us a much better chance with Vicente, Buckley and Reyes starting.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
You know we have a problem with injuries when we are playing Navarro away at Saints.

Hope he pulls it out the bag mind, just don't think he has it at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports