Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Did the saints manage to sell out today, must be close?

St Mary's
Record Attendance:
32,151 Southampton v Arsenal
Premier League, December 29th, 2003.

Average Attendance:
2010-2011: 22,161 (League One)
2009-2010: 20,982 (League One)
2008-2009: 17,849 (Championship League)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We hardly ever start with a 4-4-2 and only break it out if we need to shake things up.

What system do you play? I can't work it from just the highlights. Teams hardly ever change to the defensive 4-4-2. That's the formation they start with and only change if they need a goal taking one out of midfield and brining on an extra striker or winger.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I will be over the moon if we get a draw today, I'm afraid - though we've ended longer unbeaten home runs than this before (Forest, 1980). Long shot, though!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
No team yet? C'mon... getting excited! What's even better is that I'm at work, but it's so quiet that I'm literally getting paid to sit and watch live streaming football all day - Norwich/Arsenal now, Southampton/Brighton at 3pm and then Swansea/Man Utd at 5.30pm and finish work at 7pm. Brilliant.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
No team yet? C'mon... getting excited! What's even better is that I'm at work, but it's so quiet that I'm literally getting paid to sit and watch live streaming football all day - Norwich/Arsenal now, Southampton/Brighton at 3pm and then Swansea/Man Utd at 5.30pm and finish work at 7pm. Brilliant.

What stream are you using Razi?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion: Harper; Taricco, Greer, Dunk, Painter; Bridcutt, Navarro, Sparrow; Noone, Paynter, Mackail-Smith. #bhafc

Looks like a 4-4-2 that can be switched to 4-3-3 without a change of players. I tipped Navarro to return and Taricco at RB, but not Sparrow. What colours are we playing in?

If we get any corners, Noone to take them. Who will take our penalty?

Where is Buckley?

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't like Bridcutt and Navarro in the same side, does not work for me, yes we beat Barnsley but this is a different kettle of fish. Far to defencive and asking for trouble. We will see I suppose.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Of course he will. He needs to. The whole idea he came to us was to "advertise" to other teams he still has it. He'll be back.

Dont agree, he has "been nearly fit" for the last 5 weeks, there is moe to this than meets the eye. You wait till tomorrow, Gus will say that Vicente is almost there and hopeful for next week, then all week he will be doing well and then we will arrive at the Amex next week and he wont be in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here