Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Good to see us putting out an L1 team against the form team of the Championship. We will struggle. Where the f*** are all our game-changing players?

Not usually down on the Albion's chances but I'm sick of all the injuries and cloak and dagger bullshit that is sometimes alluded to. FFS I hope that team proves me wrong. Proves me both wrong and a miserable ****. :down:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You know we have a problem with injuries when we are playing Navarro away at Saints.

Hope he pulls it out the bag mind, just don't think he has it at this level.

He is a great player when he is on his game and did well to earn a contract after a year out, let hope he is improving by the week and plays a blinder today

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
right found my newly washed lucky teeshirt (all blue) no sign of Meggy rather worryingly
0-1 to the Albion today but it might even be 0-2
come on you seagulls
get into it
early goal would be nice

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Come on You Super Seagulls....play your game keep the ball pass well and thread through the saints....ALBION.....focus focus and focus.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
buckley said on SP this week fit and raring to go ......he is a top player so what is going on? navarro is too slow a reader of the game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
where is Buckley, these injuries are driving me mad, he comes off the bench against Barnsley and all is well, 2 weeks of rest and he is out again....................................being a Brighton fan is so frustrating this season, on paper we have a top side with Reyes, Vicente and Buckley, but THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIGGING INJURED meaning we have 95% of the team from league one playing all the time...........................................................................i want to punch a wall.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Team with Numbers

Southampton
01 Davis
02 Richardson
06 Fonte
13 Fox
26 Hooiveld
08 Cork
10 Guly
14 Hammond
18 Chaplow
20 Lallana
07 Lambert
Substitutes
21 Bialkowski, 16 Martin, 04 Schneiderlin, 33 De Ridder, 09 Barnard

Brighton
21 Harper
03 Greer
05 Dunk
22 Painter
27 Taricco
08 Navarro
11 Noone
17 Harley
26 Bridcutt
12 Mackail-Smith
13 Paynter
Substitutes
16 Ankergren, 14 Calderon, 10 Sparrow, 25 LuaLua, 09 Barnes

In the team with numbers according to the BBC, Harley is included instead of Sparrow. I have changed it.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
but on SP this week Gus said everyone is fit and training save Tommy...

if this is Gus' best 11 in the squad he is blind.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ buckley was supposed to be fit and yet again all are still injured,very average lineup and even more average on the bench.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
where is Buckley, these injuries are driving me mad, he comes off the bench against Barnsley and all is well, 2 weeks of rest and he is out again....................................being a Brighton fan is so frustrating this season, on paper we have a top side with Reyes, Vicente and Buckley, but THEY ARE ALWAYS FRIGGING INJURED meaning we have 95% of the team from league one playing all the time...........................................................................i want to punch a wall.

I know what you mean, it is getting very silly now and VERY annoying.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No Buckley - Jesus this is getting silly. £1M for what?????????????????????????

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He is a great player when he is on his game and did well to earn a contract after a year out, let hope he is improving by the week and plays a blinder today

Techinically you can see he is fairly decent, I just believe its his pace which really catches him out at the level. Perhaps the fact he is playing for a new contract (here or elsewhere) will help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here