Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Souf london identity??

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] on Richmond (especially) which is South West London along with Barnes, Putney, Ham and Kingston - neither West London nor South London. And he's spot on with regard to Streatham, as I'm sure [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] would testify.

When people think of Streatham, they think of the high street. Of course that's shite. Should be gentrified in about 500 years.

Anyway, prices are going though the roof. Pretty sure that our place earnt more than I did last year...

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
When people think of Streatham, they think of the high street. Of course that's shite. Should be gentrified in about 500 years.

Anyway, prices are going though the roof. Pretty sure that our place earnt more than I did last year...

Ceasers Nightclub? Is it still there? Used to go there around 20 Years ago,that's my only knowledge of Streatham . £18 to get in and drink all you like,full of dodgy Sarf Landon in there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Shut a few years ago. Flattened last year.

Not that I go to that end of town...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Very true, when I think of Streatham I always think of the Bus Station area. My sister used to live on the road opposite it and some areas around there were a bit dubious. However if you walked the other direction (away from the high street, it was actually a reasonable enough place and if you were dropped there without knowing where you were you would never think it was the 'scary' surroundings of Streatham

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

HIGH ROAD Wozza , No self repecting resident of Streatham would call it the High Street !! :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
HIGH ROAD Wozza , No self repecting resident of Streatham would call it the High Street !! :lolol:

Yes, Streatham High Road is the name, but "the high street" is an accurate description, no?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Streatham apart from the high street is very up and coming , in fact my grandparents lived in a street next to the top of the common that I would say was quite posh and that was 30 years ago, like the rest of London it's been gentrified , I think it called St Reatham these days .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes, Streatham High Road is the name, but "the high street" is an accurate description, no?
Well yes , but nobody calls it that , and high road is an adequate description, for instance church road is the high st of hove , but nobody calls it hove high st.

#starts argument in an empty room :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Streatham apart from the high street is very up and coming , in fact my grandparents lived in a street next to the top of the common that I would say was quite posh and that was 30 years ago, like the rest of London it's been gentrified , I think it called St Reatham these days .
You could also be forgiven for thinking youre in Somalia on occasion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'd be embarrassed to live anywhere near Croydon

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sarf Landan? Gritty? My arris!They should try High Salvington, some scalliwags up there don't even wash their hands after a pee,hows that for gritty!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Lots of new buildings in south London, especially on the main roads. Go past those though and the shitholes are still there. There are some nice areas but it is mostly going downhill nowadays. Not sure if its London or eastern Europe anymore.
I will leave it to Alfred Mizen to explain though as before he was run out of town by two black thirteen year olds, he was Mr London.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Lots of new buildings in south London, especially on the main roads. Go past those though and the shitholes are still there. There are some nice areas but it is mostly going downhill nowadays. Not sure if its London or eastern Europe anymore.
I will leave it to Alfred Mizen to explain though as before he was run out if town by two black thirteen year olds, he was Mr London.
Raaaaa, manz wasnt run out of town, the mandem wanted to be coching in HH yard.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I will leave it to Alfred Mizen to explain though as before he was run out of town by two black thirteen year olds, he was Mr London.
Youre from Purley arent you ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:lolol: I was actually hesitant about posting because i knew id get pulled up , just waiting for HT to turn up and take the piss !!

I'm just waiting for Robert Elms to get involved. He is after all the king of London know it all. QPR fan though so no business being on here I suppose.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
#croydonproblems

Ca_Ze_ELAUEAAAP_M.png

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't know London apart from my limited trips up there (more for football than anything else, in fact most of my geographical knowledge is from football) and from the teachings of society at large. I have the impression that Souf and East London are crapholes that make Swanborough drive look like Beverly Hills and that West London is rather swanky and full of French and Russian millionaires. Haven't been given my opinion of North London yet apart from my dad (a Charlton fan) told me its where Arsenal had to move to get some supporters.

As Nigel Benn once said - Chris Eubank thinks he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth but he's from Souf London!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ironic isnt it when Croydon isnt really South London, its Surrey and they know it. doesnt even have a proper London post code. and they keep applying for their own status as a seperate city. just about everything south of Brixton is a large dormatory for London workers, with no common heritage or identity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here