Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of my pictures from the Downing Street Protests

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not lecturing you merely making observations, don't be so defensive.

Your scatologically inane posts are riddled with insecurities.

I asked you quite reasonably how you choose to live your life, as you told another post not to judge others by his standards, and me that looking after one's family's financial health was abnormal . . This was your reply -your last sentence reminded me of how you responded on another thread, when called to account.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Good post, reminded me of this quote

"And if it don't work at least we still tried"

Never ceases to amaze me how many people come on to these threads to complain about people standing up for what they believe in.

I guess they are very happy with the government and don't agree with them being criticised :shrug:

No way it is simple as you make out, rather simply. What causes frustration is when the usual rag tag appear everywhere to protest, when it is highly likely that they too will not be squeaky clean, when it comes to their and their parents' tax affairs, given human beings' reactions to paying taxes. This demo is a far cry from, say, workers facing redundancy demonstrating in desperation to save their jobs, and thus can't really be compared with a principled stand of saying what you believe, as you try to do. It is nonsense to claim that most folk would by inference necessarily disagree with governments being criticised, just that when the usual small minority appear, claiming outrage over various issues ( until they mature and/or daddy's money runs out) it becomes very tiresome.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No way it is simple as you make out, rather simply. What causes frustration is when the usual rag tag appear everywhere to protest, when it is highly likely that they too will not be squeaky clean, when it comes to their and their parents' tax affairs, given human beings' reactions to paying taxes. This demo is a far cry from, say, workers facing redundancy demonstrating in desperation to save their jobs, and thus can't really be compared with a principled stand of saying what you believe, as you try to do. It is nonsense to claim that most folk would by inference necessarily disagree with governments being criticised, just that when the usual small minority appear, claiming outrage over various issues ( until they mature and/or daddy's money runs out) it becomes very tiresome.

There is an awful lots of assumptions about people you don't know here HG.

I say that if people are prepared to take to the streets and protest then they are pretty passionate about the cause. You always get a few serial protesters at these things but on the whole you speak to a far larger amount of passionate and knowledgeable people who feel strongly about the cause. Respect to them I say.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
You think the rich are rich because they work harder, and the poor are poor because they are lazy? Do you honestly think this?

Not at all, I am just saying that most of the rich people I know were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth and took a big risk and worked hard for what they have. Most of the people at these marches feel the government owes them a favour and blame "the tories" for the fact that they got turned down once for a job they were underqualified for.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not at all, I am just saying that most of the rich people I know were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth and took a big risk and worked hard for what they have. Most of the people at these marches feel the government owes them a favour and blame "the tories" for the fact that they got turned down once for a job they were underqualified for.

That is a pretty specific assumption to make, what are you basing it on?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I say that if people are prepared to take to the streets and protest then they are pretty passionate about the cause. You always get a few serial protesters at these things but on the whole you speak to a far larger amount of passionate and knowledgeable people who feel strongly about the cause. Respect to them I say.

Class War i presume you quantify as serial protest dickheads..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Any conversation I have had with someone wearing a camo jacket and a che guevara t-shirt.

Everyone you have spoken to wearing a camo jacket and a che guevara t-shirt feels the government owes them a favour and blames "the tories" for the fact that they got turned down once for a job they were underqualified for?

That is quite a coincidence, Is it a large sample?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Ok, that is fair comment, but of course it applies equally to you, (do you now if they are knowledgeable?) if you ascribe genuinely altruistic motives to them, without any evidence. Inadvertently, you have alluded to the problem; you talk about the "cause" - what cause? They may be passionate etc, but what other folk find annoying is that seemingly any cause will do. A post who was there talked of various banners on display, and you did agree that serial protestors do appear, to be fair. Very few people would disagree that folk have a right to protest, but when these demos keep happening, you sense that they just don't like the Conservative government and any "cause" will suffice. That is their right, not to like the government, of course, but the perpetual protests can be tiresome.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Everyone you have spoken to wearing a camo jacket and a che guevara t-shirt feels the government owes them a favour and blames "the tories" for the fact that they got turned down once for a job they were underqualified for?

That is quite a coincidence, Is it a large sample?

Given my sample size I can say that with a 95% confidence interval that >90% of the unwashed at that march feel that the government should find them a job.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Anyone with a conscience knows that the SWP try to take over every single left-wing campaign. Funnily enough, the leader of the SWP (National Secretary), is Charlie Kimber, or Charles Nicholas Kimber as he was known as at Eton, a close relative of his is Sir Timothy Kimber, who is a merchant banker. I wonder if anyone has seen his tax return, or whether his family have used the same offshore b*llocks as Cameron's dad. I think we should be told.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ok, that is fair comment, but of course it applies equally to you, (do you now if they are knowledgeable?) if you ascribe genuinely altruistic motives to them, without any evidence. Inadvertently, you have alluded to the problem; you talk about the "cause" - what cause? They may be passionate etc, but what other folk find annoying is that seemingly any cause will do. A post who was there talked of various banners on display, and you did agree that serial protestors do appear, to be fair. Very few people would disagree that folk have a right to protest, but when these demos keep happening, you sense that they just don't like the Conservative government and any "cause" will suffice. That is their right, not to like the government, of course, but the perpetual protests can be tiresome.

Firstly I certainly know of three people at said protest and they are very far from the stereotype being described by some on here. I will concede that possibly at least one has latched on to the fact that this could be an opportunity to throw out the sitting government. Although it must be said that her dislike for said government is for as good a reason as any. Secondly i haven't made any sweeping generalisations about the people at the protests as I don't know most of them and don't pretend to. I made the comments about knowledgable folk at demonstrations and protests based on my own experiences. Maybe i got lucky who knows.

The second part of your point is interesting to me as i don't get why you care that people like going to protests and why folk find it annoying? So many people come on threads like this to express their anger and displeasure about people doing something that has no effect on them whatsoever. I don't get why?

One person bought disruption and police resources up which i find particularly ironic coming from football fans as this is often used as a stick to beat us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Given my sample size I can say that with a 95% confidence interval that >90% of the unwashed at that march feel that the government should find them a job.

Others have suggested that >90% of them are work shy and wouldn't want a job.

out of interest what size is that sample?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Firstly I certainly know of three people at said protest and they are very far from the stereotype being described by some on here. I will concede that possibly at least one has latched on to the fact that this could be an opportunity to throw out the sitting government. Although it must be said that her dislike for said government is for as good a reason as any. Secondly i haven't made any sweeping generalisations about the people at the protests as I don't know most of them and don't pretend to. I made the comments about knowledgable folk at demonstrations and protests based on my own experiences. Maybe i got lucky who knows.

The second part of your point is interesting to me as i don't get why you care that people like going to protests and why folk find it annoying? So many people come on threads like this to express their anger and displeasure about people doing something that has no effect on them whatsoever. I don't get why?
One person bought disruption and police resources up which i find particularly ironic coming from football fans as this is often used as a stick to beat us.

I suggest you re-read what you wrote and you will find that you wrote, very sweepingly,that they are knowledgeable - I submit that given the youth of those pictured in the initial post, they are very far from knowledgeable! As my relatives are in the Police, I can assure you that when they get called out to be repeatedly verbally (and occasionally physically) insulted, when the protestors know that they dare not verbally retaliate, it does become annoying, so that angle to this story is relevant.
I do find your questioning about people getting annoyed about something that does not affect them hypocritical in the extreme - look at yourself. You feel that you have a pressing need to discuss the migrant situation in Calais, Europe, and the UK, yet of all those who contribute, you are affected the least, but it doesn't stop you.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Anyone with a conscience knows that the SWP try to take over every single left-wing campaign. Funnily enough, the leader of the SWP (National Secretary), is Charlie Kimber, or Charles Nicholas Kimber as he was known as at Eton, a close relative of his is Sir Timothy Kimber, who is a merchant banker. I wonder if anyone has seen his tax return, or whether his family have used the same offshore b*llocks as Cameron's dad. I think we should be told.

Another spoilt brat. What a surprise!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I suggest you re-read what you wrote and you will find that you wrote, very sweepingly,that they are knowledgeable - I submit that given the youth of those pictured in the initial post, they are very far from knowledgeable! As my relatives are in the Police, I can assure you that when they get called out to be repeatedly verbally (and occasionally physically) insulted, when the protestors know that they dare not verbally retaliate, it does become annoying, so that angle to this story is relevant.
I do find your questioning about people getting annoyed about something that does not affect them hypocritical in the extreme - look at yourself. You feel that you have a pressing need to discuss the migrant situation in Calais, Europe, and the UK, yet of all those who contribute, you are affected the least, but it doesn't stop you.

My comment was meant to express my personal experiences. I can see how you could misinterpret it (cooking dinner and no good at multi tasking :) but now i have confimed its meaning i hope you can also see that interpretation and we can move on.

I have explained my interest in those threads ad infinitum. Any chance you could do the same and answer my questions?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My comment was meant to express my personal experiences. I can see how you could misinterpret it (cooking dinner and no good at multi tasking :) but now i have confimed its meaning i hope you can also see that interpretation and we can move on.

I have explained my interest in those threads ad infinitum. Any chance you could do the same and answer my questions?

You have a habit over many posts saying that others misunderstand/misinterpret what you say -never once do you say that you are unclear! As to answering your questions, I looked back and you asked why folk get annoyed at things that do not affect them. Correct?
My answer, to put it more succinctly for you, was for you to reflect on why you get so uptight about a migrant situation thousands of miles away, which does not affect you in the slightest, and then hopefully find out why - then you have answered the question yourself and have no need to ask others!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here