Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of my pictures from the Downing Street Protests

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
standards or experience? do you know of anyone who would turn down some cheap ciggies or booze brought over from France, or wouldn't put money in to an ISA or pension (should they have the cash to spare), paid the full import duty on their ebay bargain from overseas, never pay a trademans cash? well done if you've met some one who'd go out of their way to pay more tax than absolutely have to, I've not met this person.

and btw through a family connection i know the description of the protesters is accurate, missing the professional squatters and small minority of jobless.

so YOU equate the PM's financial affairs with illegal practices then?

Hmmm

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
you really think anyone could take that lot of freaks serious, the only purpose they are fit enough to serve is being paraded in a freak show where the public are free to mock. otherwise they are a total waste of space,

you are obviously very upset about something, you should find out what it is

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Top 10% earners pay 55% of the total tax income.....good luck keeping a viable NHS with just the taxable income 90% of wage earners. But then some folk think there's such a thing as a Money Tree

could you source your stats pls, ta

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
you are obviously very upset about something, you should find out what it is

since i agree with what they were protesting about i wouldn't be seen dead standing alongside the weird freaks protesting :nono:
nothing but a bunch of odballs and miss fits, in simpler terms.a disgrace to the human race:.

The realisation that you agree with the worthless freaks, oddballs and misfits causes inner turmoil for one so normal :lol:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Yeah, really well done mate, you must be so proud?
Bunch of pathetic idiots gathered together for the common purpose of achieving absolutely sweet 'fvck all' other than costing the Police extra thousands of pounds (that could have been spent on something worthwhile) having to police some tinpot demo!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Top 10% earners pay 55% of the total tax income .....good luck keeping a viable NHS with just the taxable income 90% of wage earners. But then some folk think there's such a thing as a Money Tree

Interesting switch of words that makes all the difference here. it isn't 55% of total tax income it is 55% of total income tax. From your link here:

It doesn't, for example, tell us who pays the Vat, excise duty, or other taxes, it is only about income tax, which is the most progressive of taxes.

So really it stands to reason that the top 10% pay most income tax as they have the most income (we know that they have a almost half of Britains Wealth.

Your article suggests that if the wealth of Britain was more fairly distributed then the income tax would be also. It goes on to say that when all taxes are taken into most people pay a similar share of their income.

The Office for National Statistics' annual publication about the effect of taxes and benefits (see internet links, above right) suggests that most people actually pay a similar share of their income in taxes when all taxes are taken into account, even up to the top 10 per cent as a whole.

It doesn't mention corporations which i think is telling

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
the pictures are good

however not sure why the class war lot are insisting on the full face veil.
The police already know who they all are,not only from the unmasked mini demos they have but they get photographed getting off the Esher to Waterloo train before they don their "im invisible" gear at these events anyway.
Do they really think facial recognition software wont identify them when they have started the revolution by smashing up a burger restaurant or taken a dump on a statue.

I can only imagine they are hiding their white privilege as ever and are also a little bit stupid.........nothing new really(see permanently offended self loathing anarchists that came to Brighton admittedly to cause nothing other than civil disruption)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I don't vote or side with either party but curious why (I may be wrong ) no one protested when Brown had the chance to close these tax "loopholes" during the expenses scandal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't vote or side with either party but curious why (I may be wrong ) no one protested when Brown had the chance to close these tax "loopholes" during the expenses scandal

Maybe not on this subject, but there were plenty of protests under the last Labour government. Topics of the day my friend.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Reading some of the comments, you wouldn't believe that we as a group of fans had to protest anyway we could for something we believed in. Maybe a bit of perspective required on such a fundamental democratic right.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

For exactly the same reason why no one protested about Savile; lack of general public awareness, the inertia of his peers and inaction from the famous/powerful who were complicit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here