Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of my pictures from the Downing Street Protests

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Quite. The little blighters ought to know their place and appreciate when they're well off. Judging from all their smiles, they can't be suffering. As you so rightly point out, it's the youth of today, they all look like they've got rich parents, they should be back working at the family's firm or helping out around the house instead of being out, larking around enjoying themselves and wasting police time. Come to that, how much has it cost to police this nonsense? Did they think of that then when they were planning their little jolly up in town?

And another thing; in my day, people knew their place. All this marching about malarky and empathising (whatever that means!) with people less fortunate than themselves is just self indulgent. We didn't get where we are today by worrying about the less fortunate. Our nation can't afford this lunacy, just get back to work, earn a decent days wage and get the country back to work.

And I thought they were doing no such thing, rather taking advantage of Cameron's poor handling to have a go at him. I don't recall any mention of those less fortunate.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
In real life, my friend, this is what happens. We all look to lower the amount of tax we pay, and when you are older, more mature, and hopefully less hypocritical, then you will realise that. Most folk with their feet on the ground work hard for themselves and their family, and wish to pass on their wealth to their children, and thus look to take advantage of the 7 Year rule. This is quite normal, you know.

It is quite normal if you are selfish and don't care about others.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ah, there you go, judging everyone by your own standards.

standards or experience? do you know of anyone who would turn down some cheap ciggies or booze brought over from France, or wouldn't put money in to an ISA or pension (should they have the cash to spare), paid the full import duty on their ebay bargain from overseas, never pay a trademans cash? well done if you've met some one who'd go out of their way to pay more tax than absolutely have to, I've not met this person.

and btw through a family connection i know the description of the protesters is accurate, missing the professional squatters and small minority of jobless.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
standards or experience? do you know of anyone who would turn down some cheap ciggies or booze brought over from France, or wouldn't put money in to an ISA or pension (should they have the cash to spare), paid the full import duty on their ebay bargain from overseas, never pay a trademans cash? well done if you've met some one who'd go out of their way to pay more tax than absolutely have to, I've not met this person.

Standards..... easing your conscience and assuaging the guilt...........

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If someone could inform me whether I'm meant to care about this and also whether i'm meant to vote in or out then that would be great.

The discussions and people discussing it look WELL BORING. I just need to know without all the FAFF.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
All in all a bit of a weird day really.

Didn't know anything about it till I saw 1066's thread on Friday night. So went up there with camera took a few pics and joined the march although nobody seemed to know where they were marching to including the police, anyhow got bored and gave up when it got to Covent Garden and went and took some pics of the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. Eventually arrived back in Whitehall and took some more pics and one of the protestors upon seeing my bha beanie hat came up and screamed FU*K OFF BRIGHTON, anyhow here's some pics

View attachment 73608

View attachment 73607

View attachment 73609

View attachment 73610

View attachment 73611

View attachment 73612

View attachment 73613

View attachment 73614

View attachment 73615
since i agree with what they were protesting about i wouldn't be seen dead standing alongside the weird freaks protesting :nono:
nothing but a bunch of odballs and miss fits, in simpler terms.a disgrace to the human race:.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I admire most people prepared to protest for a cause and get off their arses to actually do something but some people/groups are just rent a mob types who will latch on to any cause legitimate or otherwise to push their message. Or just go to cause disruption/trouble. This looks like the second category.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Did you manage to find out what you were protesting about?

Yeah, bit of a mish mash really. Lots of little splinter groups, anti frackers, anti tax dodgers, anti anyone who's rich, protect the nhs, migrants welcome open the borders, remove paedos from facebook.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Didn't know anything about it till I saw 1066's thread on Friday night. So went up there with camera took a few pics and joined the march although nobody seemed to know where they were marching to including the police, anyhow got bored and gave up when it got to Covent Garden and went and took some pics of the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. Eventually arrived back in Whitehall and took some more pics and one of the protestors upon seeing my bha beanie hat came up and screamed FU*K OFF BRIGHTON, anyhow here's some pics

Nice set of photos, vibrant colours and some cracking compositions and interesting narratives.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It is abnormal to not want to keep as much of your money as you can....

It all depends on how you chose to live your life, your interactions with others and the conscious decisions you make. I appreciate that some, for whatever reason, may not be able to function outside the lower two levels.

800px-Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs.svg.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
not a job amongst them....or is that what they do on their days off...

Maybe they're all on zero hours contracts?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Yeah, bit of a mish mash really. Lots of little splinter groups, anti frackers, anti tax dodgers, anti anyone who's rich, protect the nhs, migrants welcome open the borders, remove paedos from facebook.

Those bloody rich people... At it again.. Working hard and having a nice lifestyle. MAKES ME SICK!

Jan 30, 2008

View attachment 73608

View attachment 73607

View attachment 73609

View attachment 73610

View attachment 73611

View attachment 73612

View attachment 73613

View attachment 73614

View attachment 73615

time to get a proper job OR IS MUMMY AND DADDY STILL BAILING YOU OUT ????
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here