Some of my pictures from the Downing Street Protests

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You have a habit over many posts saying that others misunderstand/misinterpret what you say -never once do you say that you are unclear! As to answering your questions, I looked back and you asked why folk get annoyed at things that do not affect them. Correct?
My answer, to put it more succinctly for you, was for you to reflect on why you get so uptight about a migrant situation thousands of miles away, which does not affect you in the slightest, and then hopefully find out why - then you have answered the question yourself and have no need to ask others!

You have a habit of misunderstanding posts even when the meaning has been clarified, not to mention avoiding straight questions with a load of old flannel ........ i see nothing has changed.

Not to mention missing someone (at least once ???) saying that they were unclear
I can see how you could misinterpret it (cooking dinner and no good at multi tasking :)

Dec 29, 2011
Given my sample size I can say that with a 95% confidence interval that >90% of the unwashed at that march feel that the government should find them a job.

I'm not sure if this is some high level satire that I've missed but as a person with a degree in statistics I can say you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.. you used them terms all wrong.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm not sure if this is some high level satire that I've missed but as a person with a degree in statistics I can say you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.. you used them terms all wrong.

I think you will find said poster was taking the proverbial . . As a person with a degree in Stats, it is a pity that English did not go along with your studies, as you have used a personal pronoun when it should be a demonstrative one -those! Wrong should also be the adverb -wrongly!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I asked you quite reasonably how you choose to live your life, as you told another post not to judge others by his standards, and me that looking after one's family's financial health was abnormal

That's an extremely personal question and rather unusual request on a chat room.

What do you want to know? That I've been very successful in two different professions or that I've suffered several miscarriages or that I'm involved with two voluntary organisations or that I live in Sussex or that I pay my tax at the additional rate or that I'm very happy with my life, partner, children and friends? Does that help? I don't think so. I don't think how an individual lives their life has any bearing on the validity of their opinions. Do I need to be a soldier to have a valid opinion on war? Do I need to have suffered the murder of a loved one to have a valid opinion on the death penalty? Do I need to be starving to validate contributing to charity? Do I need to be avoiding/evading tax to have a valid opinion on it's morality? You put forward your opinion and I challenged it. I found your opinions to reflect an insular, narrowly selfish, comfortably complacent, rather smug "I'm all-right-jack" view of the world that I don't share. I don't need to know how you live your life to arrive at that judgement.

I'd posted Maslow's hierarchy earlier in the thread, hoping to illustrate that life and our personal choices (particularly in the Western world) are rather more complex than satisfying basic needs. Your simplistically false summation suggesting I found
looking after one's family's financial health was abnormal
provided me with further confirmation on the validity and value of your views (and an opportunity to indulge in a little (seemingly slightly supercilious) alliteration).

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That's an extremely personal question and rather unusual request on a chat room.

What do you want to know? That I've been very successful in two different professions or that I've suffered several miscarriages or that I'm involved with two voluntary organisations or that I live in Sussex or that I pay my tax at the additional rate or that I'm very happy with my life, partner, children and friends? Does that help? I don't think so. I don't think how an individual lives their life has any bearing on the validity of their opinions. Do I need to be a soldier to have a valid opinion on war? Do I need to have suffered the murder of a loved one to have a valid opinion on the death penalty? Do I need to be starving to validate contributing to charity? Do I need to be avoiding/evading tax to have a valid opinion on it's morality? You put forward your opinion and I challenged it. I found your opinions to reflect an insular, narrowly selfish, comfortably complacent, rather smug "I'm all-right-jack" view of the world that I don't share. I don't need to know how you live your life to arrive at that judgement.
I'd posted Maslow's hierarchy earlier in the thread, hoping to illustrate that life and our personal choices (particularly in the Western world) are rather more complex than satisfying basic needs. Your simplistically false summation suggesting I found provided me with further confirmation on the validity and value of your views (and an opportunity to indulge in a little (seemingly slightly supercilious) alliteration).

Slow down tiger -the question was because you had lectured others on their standards and that you thought that looking after your family's money to be abnormal. I don't want to know whether you cheated at conkers whilst at school, just that how you could come to such a conclusion.
Could you think of any more adjectives to go along with these? For goodness sake, try not taking yourself quite so seriously.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
For goodness sake, try not taking yourself quite so seriously.

Oh dear, and I though the throwaway ironic humour of the triple v's and s's as I signed off post #104 was in-yer-face blatant rather than subtly wry.

Dec 29, 2011
I think you will find said poster was taking the proverbial . . As a person with a degree in Stats, it is a pity that English did not go along with your studies, as you have used a personal pronoun when it should be a demonstrative one -those! Wrong should also be the adverb -wrongly!

Well it's lucky for me then that those jobs which require a good understanding of numbers pay a lot more than those jobs which require a good understanding of English grammar.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I 'd have gone for "used those terms incorrectly" but it didn't do Hoddle any harm to be grammar thick and come out with stuff like that.

Oh, yes it did actually! Although nobody seemed to pick up on the butchery of language, concentrating instead on the fact that the content was so offensive.

#thempeople

HG you'd get your point across better if you didn't always sound like such a smug, ivory tower dwelling (didn't know they had them in Hastings) get.

IMO obviously. [emoji8]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
All in all a bit of a weird day really.

Didn't know anything about it till I saw 1066's thread on Friday night. So went up there with camera took a few pics and joined the march although nobody seemed to know where they were marching to including the police, anyhow got bored and gave up when it got to Covent Garden and went and took some pics of the British Museum and Trafalgar Square. Eventually arrived back in Whitehall and took some more pics and one of the protestors upon seeing my bha beanie hat came up and screamed FU*K OFF BRIGHTON, anyhow here's some pics

View attachment 73608

View attachment 73607

View attachment 73609

View attachment 73610

View attachment 73611

View attachment 73612

View attachment 73613

View attachment 73614

View attachment 73615

I can't see 'Wrong Direction' & I perhaps because we were working for a living :moo:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I 'd have gone for "used those terms incorrectly" but it didn't do Hoddle any harm to be grammar thick and come out with stuff like that.

Oh, yes it did actually! Although nobody seemed to pick up on the butchery of language, concentrating instead on the fact that the content was so offensive.#thempeople

HG you'd get your point across better if you didn't always sound like such a smug, ivory tower dwelling (didn't know they had them in Hastings) get.

IMO obviously. [emoji8]

What are you talking about? What content? You seemed to understand my point, which would show that I did get it across, in contrast to yours. Quite what it has got to do with an ivory tower dwelling is beyond me, and I suggest that you concentrate rather more on clarity before you lecture others.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What are you talking about? What content? You seemed to understand my point, which would show that I did get it across, in contrast to yours. Quite what it has got to do with an ivory tower dwelling is beyond me, and I suggest that you concentrate rather more on clarity before you lecture others.

Good grief, you really don't get it do you? Talk about being out-of-step and unaware.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Dons a blue helmet (ooerr missus). Ridiculing the mainly ill informed, predictably partisan extremist far left loons who take any chance to go on an anti establishment/Tory march is not the same as endorsing the worst excesses of the wealthy's desire to avoid paying tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports