Some Bournemouth would like to see us go down

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Heracy!

How dare you call our fans arrogant. We have the best stadium in the whole world. We should be beating every team outside the premier to 5 dontchaknow

Oh God...Yes...I forgot we are that special. Please please forgive me. I humbly beg forgiveness for even suggesting there was a hint of arrogance in our fanbase. We are the chosen ones and should be eating at the top table.

Dave, you need a bigger keepnet.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably the same fans whom have read our fans calling them cheats and tinpot.

I'm delighted to see them doing so well. They are adhering to FFP and it makes a change from the regular lot going up and down.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I find the whole Bournemouth thing mysterious.

Of course they must be a decent team or they wouldn't be where they are in the table, but I've seem them three times this season at Dean Court and they haven't been all that. The only game of the three that they won was when their reserves put West Brom's reserves out of the League Cup. They let a two-goal lead slip against Millwall (they REALLY want us to go down) and lost 3-1 at home to Leeds. Anonymous midfield, nothing special up front and even those of us who like Tommy Elphick a lot would never confuse him for Vincent Kompany. So if they fell away into mid-table it wouldn't surprise me. If a small club has to go up I'd rather it was Brentford.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm not sure why anyone is that surprised. Leaving aside the mutual Palace rivalry and the equally mutual Pompey rivalry (second rivals but not bothered unless playing each other) then Brighton have a collection of traditional smaller lower league clubs who dislike us. Oxford, Southend, Chesterfield and Orient are probably the top four but The Cherries are another as are Aldershot. It's because Brighton have been a club with a large support despite being in the lower leagues which meant we would travel in large numbers and over the years would cause trouble.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I find the whole Bournemouth thing mysterious.

Of course they must be a decent team or they wouldn't be where they are in the table, but I've seem them three times this season at Dean Court and they haven't been all that. The only game of the three that they won was when their reserves put West Brom's reserves out of the League Cup. They let a two-goal lead slip against Millwall (they REALLY want us to go down) and lost 3-1 at home to Leeds. Anonymous midfield, nothing special up front and even those of us who like Tommy Elphick a lot would never confuse him for Vincent Kompany. So if they fell away into mid-table it wouldn't surprise me. If a small club has to go up I'd rather it was Brentford.

Bees would have to play somewhere else next season if promoted (can't see it happening though). Where would Bournemouth play, is their ground okayed for the Prmier League?

Feb 14, 2010
We also have to remember that pitch invasion and the trouble in the stand when on TV. Half a protest half just trouble. Clubs like Bournemouth, Southend, Chesterfield, Aldershot, Orient, Brentford and a few more all have reasons to dislike the Albion. As for me tho' I would like Bournemouth and Brentford to get into the "Premier League".

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bees would have to play somewhere else next season if promoted (can't see it happening though). Where would Bournemouth play, is their ground okayed for the Prmier League?

They've looked at expanding the temporary stand behind the goal at the south end, but they've been told it would be okay. No worse than Blackpool.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Palace have already set a precedent with Selhurst Park so Bournemouth can use that as a trump card if they secure promotion.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Starting to enjoy the games against Bournemouth, to me, they feel similar to the Southampton games prior to Southamptons recent promotion, they do have that extra "edge" seperating them from other games, particularly this season when it feels as if we are the underdogs.
For this reason alone, I dont want to see them promoted, although, if they continue as they are, they will fully deserve it.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd be quite alright with Boremuff gaining auto promotion. From what I've seen they play an ok, entertaining game. If it meant Derby missing out I'd be even more ok with it.
As for a person who supports this Boremuff team wishing we'll be relegated....who really cares:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here