Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some Bournemouth would like to see us go down

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Tbf there really isnt anything like an obsession with them. I don't see one from them re us either (altho they do sing a song that starts 'we hate Brighton & Hove Albion' - bless them)

'Obsession' probably isn't the right word. But, just speaking as a football fan, I think it would be a good thing if they were promoted. They've never been there before, and the thought of some of the bigger clubs having a tricky visit to the seaside is quite appealing.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Well.....as one of the Bournemouth fans who posts on here now and again - there was (see that Boxing day 72? thread) and will be, some sort of rivalry between us ongoing I would have thought. Both resorts on the south coast although not that near geographically etc etc.

Never really had any problems with Brighton fans at all - come across as knowledgeable and level headed, although I do get the feeling that SOMETIMES a few of you need to be reminded that you have been given £120? million by Mr Bloom...I suppose this only seems to come about when we get moaned at about FFP and all that. To be fair, although things aren't great football wise for BHA at the moment, both clubs are in very good health and I would say that your situation overall is better than ours.

We just got very lucky that Sandbanks is a lovely area and a rich Russian who likes footy got his house built by our chairman!! As it goes I agree that I think it will be the play offs for us (barring a major collapse) - I can see Derby and Boro going up automatically. Even a year getting spanked in the Prem is worth it financially, it can set a club up for years.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Even a year getting spanked in the Prem is worth it financially, it can set a club up for years.
What gives you that idea? Most relegated clubs tend to suffer huge losses in their first 2-3 seasons back in the Championship, even when in receipt of parachute payments.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bournemouth have always disliked BHA - traditionally a one way thing.

....they dislike Saints more but that has never been reciprocated because of the Soton/Pompey hate scenario. In all truth, Bournemouth are like us, naturally neutral but desperate for some sort of rivalry. Yeovil hasn't got much appeal so they look east to us and the other two. Soton and Pompey is too deep rooted and we have decided that the rivals for a seaside club should be a club in London, with no natural affiliation to us.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whoever goes up is going to struggle. That's why you have to take your hats off to Crystal Palace.

Do you really get off on spending your life 'pretending' badly to be a Brighton fan...?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Er do they? I see nothing more than a one page thread with two Bournemouth fans saying that?

And in any case, as everyone else is saying, who cares?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
What gives you that idea? Most relegated clubs tend to suffer huge losses in their first 2-3 seasons back in the Championship, even when in receipt of parachute payments.

I can see what you mean, but Cardiff got 62m in TV rights during their one year in the big time, and will receive I think 60m in parachutes over the next 4 years. Hard to think that wouldn't help balance the books unless you go completely mad assembling your PL squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right first and foremost I am being SINCERE this isn't me being SARCASTIC.
(Even though I appreciate the irony of makes those words capitals is NSC code for insincere sarcasm)

I do believe in my interpretation of Premier League Ready.
Clearly not going down is more pressing than promotion, and the longer we're in this division and unstable the less likely promotion will become.

But having said that I think the club are right in making PLR a backroom mantra.

Now taking their eye off the ball on the pitch is proving to be near professional suicide, so there's something wrong with the balancing act.

Looking from the outside it would seem 'Boro and Derby are PLR.
They could hold their own against the utter dross a the bottom of the PL.
Brentford and Bournemouth aren't.

If IF our time comes it's only going to work if the club doesn't spend the summer marauding like a headless chicken off the pitch.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
F**k me, lighten up mate. Isn't that exactly what I have done; posted a reply. I take it you're one of the really nice guys who said the same about Palace. Sorry if I have offended you, the world can be a dark place at times can't it?

I just object to the aggressive attitude in the use of cretin. Just because you disagree. I am a very happy person and don't need to lighten up thanks.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I like the south coast rivalry thing

saints & pompey probably look down on B'mouth with distain

good luck to them

we have a shiny brand new stadium,the only difference between us as it stands and a few points

personally love the B'mouth games,not arrogant to think we shouldn't be playing them

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I just object to the aggressive attitude in the use of cretin. Just because you disagree.

Have you actually seen some of the names we call each other on here? Cretin is very mild compared to c**t (two posts below your latest protest which you haven't told him off for, bless).
I' m not disagreeing; just merely referring to the fact that some cretins (it means stupid, shock horror) were wrong about Palace getting stuffed every week.

Now.....................let's be friends. xxx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here