Some achingly beautiful modern classical piano pieces

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hope no-one minds me bouncing this old thread, It's just that I stumbled across this chap tonight and have been very impressed.

Dustin O'Halloran
[yt]Wth05NWtbZU[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you get the Lumiere album then Buzzer ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Finally found the Triosk piece on youtube :)

[yt]adAG0G3Ch_Q[/yt]

Also, this seems apt for on here.

[yt]NCabs_Kl_y4[/yt]

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Thanks for bouncing this Buzzer. These beautiful pieces provide a very welcome & intimate sanctury from all the cut & thrust of Albion stuff n nonsensical jabber. Here's my musical contribution c/o the genius that is/was Arvo Pärt:-

[yt]rxI87CF0XT8[/yt]

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I hope no-one minds me bouncing this old thread, It's just that I stumbled across this chap tonight and have been very impressed.

Dustin O'Halloran
[yt]Wth05NWtbZU[/yt]

Keep bouncing, you seem to have very good taste..

Okay- Ludo, check, Richter, check, Olafur, check, Frahm, check..

Surprised this guy hasn't been posted. This track lifts me- slow start but really builds..

I give you Johann Johannsson and "Melodia (Guidelines for a Space Propulsion Device)" from his splendid album "Fordlandia". (His other albums, unfortunately, aren't that great (in my opinion))

[yt]TVP_StIBKts[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is that the Johan Johannson that has done the Miner's Hymns album? If so then he is a genius. One of my albums of the year. Thanks for posting.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not piano but it is very beautiful. From the Thee Silver Mt Zion/Godspeed band members

[yt]-YmdlG4_yiE[/yt]

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Moving away from classical/piano maybe, but Eluvium (aka Matthew Cooper) is a genius of the ambient/post-rock scene.

[yt]fNrpZGl7du4[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Checked and seems there's no Harold Budd on here, so.....Very dreamy, hence the album title, but ideal for this time of night I reckon.

[yt]a8YlLpz-IyU[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think I must have heard every track off of Virginia Astley's classic - Gardens Where We Feel Secure - album on Late Junction over the years yet never got around to actually buying it for myself. Oh well, here's a piece off of it anyway :

[yt]NHG_OS08JyE[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Check out these beautiful pieces:

[yt]37VZ_-C8GnI[/yt]

Rachel's always going to be a good call :thumbsup: Never heard the piece you put up though, so thanks.

Love this off of the - Music for Egon Schiele - album.

[yt]hfqg_Pt2Pzg[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports