Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Apt for a Sunday night (and my current mood). All by artists that cross the classical and pop divide.

First by Olafar Arnalds, an Icelander who has been around for a few years now. I was lucky enough to see him at the Barbican a year or two back. Great stuff.

[yt]mYIfiQlfaas[/yt]

Second is a Yann Tiersen composition. He's French, this is beautiful.

[yt]nfwWKCRth_A[/yt]

And one from Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. These two heroes of mine have done a fair few film scores of late and this is from the film, the Road. I'd rate it yp there with some of the best stuff Nick Cave has ever done.

[yt]aye_WH0txl8[/yt]

Hope you enjoy them.

Thanks very much for posting these beautiful pieces of music. I didn't realise Nick Cave produced such music.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't know how to put those youtube links on but I would be greatful if someone could put Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi on for me please.:thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know it is not "modern" BUT I think Mozart is ageless. If someone can youtubeise this for me I would be grateful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vttZzUPg3A

This is beautiful and so relaxing. Horowitz is my all time favourite pianist.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qhCts-KQrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qhCts-KQrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

A modern jazz maestro, classically trained.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[yt]QB0ordd2nOI[/yt]

Would also like to post Vostok by Aussie Jazz trio - TRIOSK - but alas no youtube of it :(

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I took wifey to see Einaudi at the Dome before we came here, very moving experience.
I was quite taken by the way he was lost in the music and how when the applause came he seemed to jolt back to reality.
The audience seemed to be incidental to him, not meant in a bad way, it was like he was playing and we just happened to be there.
A quality performer and genuinely humbled by his popularity.
I wish he would come here, have to buy his cds online as fed with the 'Who?' responce every time I ask at stores.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here