[Albion] Solly March's miracle penalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's the first time I've seen it. For all the talk here I was expecting much much worse!
Frustrated fans look for a scapegoat! Never mind that Solly score the winning goal against Wigan to get us promoted to the PL, or scored a superb free kick at Millwall to get us into a penalty shootout to go to Wembley.
Solly, my favourite player.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Said to the people around me, he's the last person you want taking the fifth penalty. Someone behind me then shouted 'C'mon Solly, prove us all wrong'!

So inevitable.

I bet Pervis would have taken a decent one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
*Thumped a free-kick wide which was thrown into his net by a garbage goalkeeper.
It went through the keepers hands, so it wasn’t an own goal.

It may have been a fluke but at least give him credit instead of being so mealy mouthed about it.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I really want him to score a goal!!! He must score penalties in training otherwise they wouldn't have put him forward. I think he's our 20 goal a season striker but is lulling all the other teams into a false sense of security! :unsure:
you know I was thinking like that at the start of the season, and I obviously do still want him to score, but there does come a point where it needs to be acknowledged that his finishing ability is not befitting of a premier league footballer, as opposed to just calling it bad luck every time and saying that he'll suddenly start scoring bucketloads eventually. not gonna happen

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It may have been a fluke but at least give him credit instead of being so mealy mouthed about it.
Yes but a broken clock is correct twice a day. The rest of the time it's useless. To give him credit for a game years ago it like saying get Connolly back and play him because he scored twice against Spurs. March misses far too many very good chances, it's irrelevant if he has made that chance himself. The positions he creates he should get 6 to 8 goals a season but fails.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
you know I was thinking like that at the start of the season, and I obviously do still want him to score, but there does come a point where it needs to be acknowledged that his finishing ability is not befitting of a premier league footballer, as opposed to just calling it bad luck every time and saying that he'll suddenly start scoring bucketloads eventually. not gonna happen
You are spot on time to get an upgrade.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

It wasn't a fluke. It was a terribly overhit free-kick, let's not pretend it was an act of genius. He gave the penalty a similar amount of clubbing.

In fairness, his mazy run through the defence was clearly the highlight last night and it's a shame he isn't able to do that more often as he might find himself scoring a goal a season or getting in a position to provide the sort of chance that can be scored by even our goalshy players.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He just needs one. Anything ...off his arse, a lucky deflection, a one inch tap in. This is definately in his head now. I feel for him as he does everything else so well.
14 goals in 253 games! A goal every 18 games on average, although that average is slipping dramatically and he may never score another goal but he keeps getting shots off so he is at least having a go.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I recall Zamora was pretty shit at penalties and had one just like that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports