Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - sings new contract June 2024

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Winning slide tackles and jumping in to win headers ?
Who is this lad wearing Solly's kit ?
Or is the boy finally becoming a man ?
Great display defensively
coming back from his latest injury
Didn't see Burnley first hand to compare

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
His recovery in the second half from just outside the box then into the penalty area to stop the Watford player getting a shot off was superb. Had an excellent match and his discipline in decisions in managing his own game is great to see, when I guess his natural instinct of a few years ago would've been to get forward more often and not be so disciplined in defensive duties. He's been excellent in that LWB role.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Ehrrm he has played very well in the LB/LWB (not that different) role for a year now... where do you think he should be playing?

Swampy behave
He’s been out injured for a large chunk of that
LWB as today great
LB hell No he is an accident waiting to happen

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swampy behave
He’s been out injured for a large chunk of that
LWB as today great
LB hell No he is an accident waiting to happen

Yeah but before he got injured he was excellent.

Played more as LB than LWB today and looked great. I dont see the problem. What part of his game makes him a bad LB?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Played more as LB than LWB today and looked great. I dont see the problem. What part of his game makes him a bad LB?

IF you see comment s I made about somebody wearing his kit today
Making sliding tackles and actually jumping into and making/ winning a headed challenge s He s grown a pair and long may it continue

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

He’s not naturally gifted at defensive tackles He’s more like a centre forward who is likely to give away a foul

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He’s not naturally gifted at defensive tackles He’s more like a centre forward who is likely to give away a foul

Nonsense. Solly has always had a very good defensive mind. The guys built to be a left wing back. Incredible in his role today. Solly March in years to come will be one of those underrated players.

Edit: I need to add he was fantastic today at left back.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Where's the thumbs down button when you need it.

Solly has been defensively adept for many seasons now.
Hughton had him playing in a far more defensive role after promotion and he has improved in this area every season.

Can you really remember any big errors defensively from him over the last couple of seasons?
Burn/Webster/White/Dunk have made plenty of defensive errors that have cost us goals and games.
But I assume that's ok because they are "natural" defenders.

take a stroll through tis thread and you will find a highlights reel I have posted a couple of times.
His defensive highlights are every bit as impressive as his attacking ones.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Played as a LB in a 4 today and looked every bit as effective as he was as LWB last season. After years of drifting around in various positions Solly is now a first choice option for me in that position really solid and consistent performances

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The one thing I have always said about Solly is he has lacked confidence in himself, we all, well most of us, know there's a really good player in there. Not sure at times he has believed it himself.

He was very good yesterday but still needs to trust his ability when running at defenders.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He won’t be coming out of the team, he’s one of our best players!

If we do sign Cucurella, March will just start in another position.

Once Cucurella has proven he has enough to dislodge Solly at LB.
Simply isn't going to walk in to the team, this elusive Spaniard.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Had real reservations about him in this position but in the last two seasons he's really impressed me; good positioning when dropping back. One thing I like to see and this is a person preference, clattering into players when you can leave a marker in a fair challenge. First time I've seen him bring this to his game. Still need cover but very good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where's the thumbs down button when you need it.

Solly has been defensively adept for many seasons now.
Hughton had him playing in a far more defensive role after promotion and he has improved in this area every season.

Can you really remember any big errors defensively from him over the last couple of seasons?
Burn/Webster/White/Dunk have made plenty of defensive errors that have cost us goals and games.
But I assume that's ok because they are "natural" defenders.

take a stroll through tis thread and you will find a highlights reel I have posted a couple of times.
His defensive highlights are every bit as impressive as his attacking ones.

This.

He bullied Zaha out of the game in the 3-1 win (the Andone goal game).

March is tenacious, the lightweight non-tackler is a slur years out of date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here