[Albion] Solly March is still a legend

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We’re all entitled to an opinion. I dont rate him as an end product option.
He was poor today, as was Mitoma.
We were the better side over 120 minutes, but not at our best.
Manure set out to nullify our wing play, and to a point it worked. It's not like we're playing Doncaster . . . Whilst we're really good at lots of stuff, so are some other teams/players and we are not better than everyone else.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Absolutely. Local lad who missed out on Wembley in 2019 because of injury.

Having his best season ever and on the fringe of the England squad.

In the 120th minute, he was still running at United defenders.

He doesn't deserve to have the brickbats today. Sanchez who'd had a very good game might've saved that 5th penalty.

We weren't good enough to win in 2 hours. That's never all one player's fault.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Great player for us but I did say to the Mrs as it went to sudden death "I hope Solly only takes a pen after Sanchez" as I do fear for him in this sort of situation.

Great player, one of the first on the teamsheet but confidence/belief has always been his achilles heel and that doesn't bode well in a sudden death penalty shootout. Fair play to the lad for stepping forward, takes some stones. I would likely pass out before getting to the ball.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Manure set out to nullify our wing play, and to a point it worked. It's not like we're playing Doncaster . . . Whilst we're really good at lots of stuff, so are some other teams/players and we are not better than everyone else.

Imho Mitoma and March frequently beat their full back, then the next man, then tried to beat the next man 6 yards from goal.

Forgetting that you are allowed to pass.

Mitoma was looking to be brought down in the box, no one ‘fell’ for it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Solly has BIG BALLS. Love him. Not his fault he has been brilliant this season and one of us

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Going to take a lot to get him up after this. Been excellent for us, great servant. Especially this season. I did think he's miss but meh.

They just asked Lewis Dunk for his opinion on what DDG and Weghorst said to March before and after his penalty and Dunk said "I think it's best I don't comment on that" - anyone know what happend?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With no end product. Nothing has changed other than a few decent performances here and there
No end product? How do you come to this conclusion….deliberately overlooking his stats this season?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
More end product with goals and assists. A lot has changed with many decent performances. Hope he's okay, someone has to miss sadly.
I think your auto correct has a problem. So I have changed it to what you actually meant.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I love Solly, always have, always will.

He’ll need us right behind him, no doubters, no pent up frustration shouted from the terraces… support and love.

He’ll be devastated, utterly cut off at the knees … we need to show him, he’s one of our own.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He's been unbelievable this season. Not quite there today though minus one run. Hitting two penalties well over the bar is really really poor though it has to be said. Gutted. Chin up Solly
Solly is a brilliant player and a major part of our team. But he should be 11th player to take a penalty in a shoot out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports