Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March is still a legend

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I’m with you too Solly. Go again on Wednesday and help us beat Forest to chase the European dream.
Yes, a return to winning ways against Forest and 3 valuable points will definitely soften the blow.

If it were a straight 'either or' choice between a final against Man City or the chance for regular midweek European excursions in a few months time, I'd happily take the latter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sing it loud and proud on Wednesday / Saturday

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"I told him I was a player and made a lot of mistakes with penalties," said boss Roberto de Zerbi. "I told him that we played here because of his performances and goals. I am proud for him."

If he's good enough for the Gaffer, he's more than good enough for me. Top bloke who really showed his courage by stepping up to take a penalty in the first place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"I told him I was a player and made a lot of mistakes with penalties," said boss Roberto de Zerbi. "I told him that we played here because of his performances and goals. I am proud for him."

If he's good enough for the Gaffer, he's more than good enough for me. Top bloke who really showed his courage by stepping up to take a penalty in the first place.
Nicked from another thread
1185F28F-C5E7-41D7-9143-C83EBCF3C308.jpeg

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Gutted for Solly, can happen to anyone and it HAS to in a pen shoot out.

Weirdly i'm still seething from the Spurs game rather than yesterday.

Onwards and upwards, more important games coming up. UTA

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Love Solly such a shame it was his miss. A massive round of the Solly song at the next game. We took United all the way and some one has to miss.

Their goal keeper behaved like a *unt before he took as well.

Weghorst going up to solly and having a little chat wouldn’t have helped

And yet, apart from these two ****s, I didn't see any United player approach an Albion player during the penalties, let alone talk to them ???

Still my POTS so far :albion2:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nicked from another thread
View attachment 160071
I saw it on that thread as well.

Am I just being an insular, should get out more Brighton obsessive, is or this one of the great sporting photographs of all time? I mean, just look at the emotions encapsulated. Just look at the mutual respect, an almost father and son dynamic, the vulnerable way Solly is biting his shirt, and the proud wisdom of De Zerbi, the blurred drizzle. Ah it's just amazing

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Respect to him stepping up as that takes ‘big balls’ but I do think it was poor from the manager and teammates to put him in that situation and I think most in the crowd knew what was coming.

Just hope that does that damage his confidence in what has been a real breakthrough season for him under RDZ.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He wasn't really on it yesterday but once again worked and worked and worked and gave a solid performance for the team.

I knew he'd miss. But thought he'd hit a tame one low down. I admire him even more for trying to leather it to be honest.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Respect to him stepping up as that takes ‘big balls’ but I do think it was poor from the manager and teammates to put him in that situation and I think most in the crowd knew what was coming.

Just hope that does that damage his confidence in what has been a real breakthrough season for him under RDZ.
It was our 7th penalty. Many penalty shoot outs don’t get that far.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yeh, he'll never take another one that's for sure.

I suppose you do have to remember though he went after Webster, so he was a long way down the list.

I know Mitoma missed in the world cup and I know Caicedo is less experienced than Solly, but I was surprised they weren't higher, I said to the bloke next to me at 5-5 that if we keep scoring I reckon the order will be .....

Mitoma
Caicedo
March
Webster
Veltman

Shows what I know

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It was our 7th penalty. Many penalty shoot outs don’t get that far.
I do think the psychology of sudden death is interesting.

You probably already told your manager you don't want one (or you've been told you're not top 5) and on one level, you've probably let your mind drift, probably allowed yourself the feeling of relief that it won't be you in that position. Then the grim reality strikes, you've got to get back up for it, get your head back into it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And yet, apart from these two ****s, I didn't see any United player approach an Albion player during the penalties, let alone talk to them ???

Still my POTS so far :albion2:
Yes. Bloody annoying that. Pawson should have booked one or both, but what difference would it make anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here