Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March is still a legend

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Everything doesn’t have to be so black and white. He can be a brilliant player for us (which he has been, particularly this season), and it can also be true that putting two over the bar in cup shootouts in the same season is below the standard even he would expect of himself, as it’s poor. If Saka et al can bounce back, so can he.
Saka who missed another big penalty last week you mean?

No criticism for any player missing a penalty, ask any pro. It happens. It’s one kick of a ball with a lot of variables.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Saka who missed another big penalty last week you mean?

No criticism for any player missing a penalty, ask any pro. It happens. It’s one kick of a ball with a lot of variables.
So Saka hasn’t bounced back because he missed another pen recently lol? Even Solly will constructively criticise his technique/bottle in these big moments, it’s how he’ll improve and grow. Which he will.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
of course Solly like anybody is beyond criticism but have to say didn.t feel quite the same at the time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone who criticises a player for missing a penalty, especially in a high pressure shoot out, shows a total lack of football knowledge and appreciation.

Even that vermin Kane who is one of the greatest strikers of the modern era misses big kicks. It’s just one kick of a ball, it can literally happen to any player at any time.

Solly is an Albion legend, was brilliant today as he has been all season and for the majority of his Albion career and does not deserve any criticism at all.
Absolutely this

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Love Solly such a shame it was his miss. A massive round of the Solly song at the next game. We took United all the way and some one has to miss.

Their goal keeper behaved like a *unt before he took as well.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolute, total, misguided, clueless bollocks of the highest order. The worst post I’ve read on here for a long time.
He's not speaking for the majority, I'd ignore it.

We lost it by not being aggressive and risky enough today. There were times when United were there for the taking, and we simply didn't attack them enough when the moment demanded it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So Saka hasn’t bounced back because he missed another pen recently lol? Even Solly will constructively criticise his technique/bottle in these big moments, it’s how he’ll improve and grow. Which he will.
That’s not what I’m saying. I didn’t blame Sake for missing for England and he has brilliant since and all this season. What I’m saying is it can happen to any player of any ability at any time and they shouldn’t be criticised for missing one kick.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Clearly, I’ve opened a can of worms, but I stand by my opinion. Solly has played well at times this season, better than he has in previous seasons. He still lacks in consistency and end product for the amount of opportunities that come his way.
Good player? Yes. Albion legend? No, he isn’t.
He isn’t to blame for our defeat today, but as soon as he xx stepped up to take his penalty I knew he would miss. Did you think otherwise?
Do f*** off.

Solly is a true Albion legend and always will be regardless of what happened today or might happen tomorrow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Clearly, I’ve opened a can of worms, but I stand by my opinion. Solly has played well at times this season, better than he has in previous seasons. He still lacks in consistency and end product for the amount of opportunities that come his way.
Good player? Yes. Albion legend? No, he isn’t.
He isn’t to blame for our defeat today, but as soon as he xx stepped up to take his penalty I knew he would miss. Did you think otherwise?
I can't speak for everyone, but no. I expected him to miss, too. As noted on another thread, incredibly frustrated by his seeming lack of learning from the Charlton miss. However, I still think he will go down as an Albion legend.

Yes, he lacks consistency, and his finishing is frequently awful. If they weren't issues, he would have been picked off by a bigger club years ago because of everything else he brings to the team.

Because of those flaws, he has become a an albion stalwart. He is in the team on merit, and among the most obvious starters. Without Dunk, world cup winning Mac Allister, Star of the moment Mitoma and £70+m rated Caiecedo, I'd say he would be first name on the team sheet. He has played his part to get us in the top half last season, got us on course for a top half finish this season, with a very good shout for Europe and an outside chance of top 4. He has played his part in getting us to two FA cup semi finals.

He absolutely has served this club well enough, over a long period of time, producing enough quality both as defensive support for a range of full backs, and as an attacking winger. He has absolutely done more than enough over his time with the club to be considered an Albion legend.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Seeing a lot of people using this as a “HA I told you so” instead of supporting our local lad who’s just missed a penalty on the back of a terrific season are a weird bunch.

A minority. But a moronic one.

I’m with you too Solly. Go again on Wednesday and help us beat Forest to chase the European dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here