Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which forward do we want to buy?

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Simon Terodde from Bochum, who finished 5th? He scored 25 goals and is 28 - he is also a MASSIVE 6ft 3 and a half. so would be ideal as a link up for Skalak and Knockeart

Nils Petersen from Freiburg? 18 in 25 appearances, that said he has just been promoted to the Bundesliga..

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This is an odd one. We were one of the highest scorers in the division, and Hemed scored 17 goals, yet we all want a goalscorer. ???

Hardly any of the names mentioned on here inspire me for various reasons. Perhaps Will Grigg?

Slightly less odd when you think that there is no back up for Hemed; BZ/Wilson were meant to be - BZ worked fine for half a season, Wilson has had too many posts on other threads for me to comment further, suffice to say he wont be here next season. So, yes, we do need a striker notwithstanding 17 goals for Hemed and highest scorers.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I kind of agree, but I'd be just as interested in how we can match the stingy defences of Burnley and Boro.

Well stats dont support that. Burnley had superb defence in second half of season - conceded only 12 in 23 games (2 against us!) but we conceded only 19, same as Boro and Hull, and one more than SW. Coincided with intro of Goldson, not that he was sole cause of improvement but he has been class.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Slightly less odd when you think that there is no back up for Hemed; BZ/Wilson were meant to be - BZ worked fine for half a season, Wilson has had too many posts on other threads for me to comment further, suffice to say he wont be here next season. So, yes, we do need a striker notwithstanding 17 goals for Hemed and highest scorers.

Exactly it is incredibly simple, we need a quality alternative/ partner for Hemed , we haven't had one for the last few months.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray to replace BZ plus somebody to replace Wilson, Chicksen, Holla, Lua Lua, Crofts, Rea or Greer and either another young keeper or upgrade Walton to No 3.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Kodija swap with Baldock, plus money.

Sign Murray/Lambert as suggested.

Consider Tom Bradshaw at Walsall (I suggested that last season).

Do our utmost to keep team together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Kodja idea!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Murray and Victor Anichebe might be worth looking at for cheap options if we splash the cash on a big singing. Which to be honest, I think is necessary.

Hamed + big money signing as first choice, Baldock and an experienced 4th choice as cover. Then with our youth players filling in as 5th choice cover if good enough.

As for players in our division moving 'sideways', I think championship clubs will demand too much. Getting Wells and Judge in would be amazing, but better value aboard. In the flip side, players from an alien division carry more risk of working out in the championship, but they can work out (look at Hamed and Ulloa)!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A poacher, one who's pacey and niggly. A bit like Forestiari. Playing off Hemed = goals galore.

I wonder if we even tried for him last season. He is exactly what we need IMO.

I wonder if we'll try again for Vydra

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Kodjia without doubt. Pacey, able to score ,good at shielding and he gave our defenders a hard time. Most important sure he consider Brighton as progresss. Personaly would also try and sign Wilson. Plenty of experience now, is pacey and will only get better. Hemed and up and coming striker from lower divisions in reserve. Hemed ok when no defender near him but when marked in box hopeless at holding onto it or losing marker.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ajose at Swindon. Great goalscorer in a truly crap team.

Not necessarily a striker but Bradley Dack will be snapped up this summer.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Clough, Vydra (would be great in our team) Kemar Roofe could make the step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here