Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So which forward do we want to buy?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Joint highest scorers in the Division indicates that we are not terrible going forward, but we have shipped more goals than the teams who finished above us. Just saying the stats don't support the argument that we need a Messi or similar. Although I wouldn't say no.

Point is a lack of goals against better sides and no competition/ back up for Hemed is not good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kodija swap with Baldock, plus money.

Sign Murray/Lambert as suggested.

Consider Tom Bradshaw at Walsall (I suggested that last season).

Do our utmost to keep team together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
McCormack should be top of the list, to score 20 odd goals in that Fulham side can be relied on to get a good haul.

Murray? please let it go.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really don't care who it is so long as they score regularly, luckily, and isn't a sicknote.

I got fed up hearing 'unlucky Baldock', 'keep going, it'll come'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
McCormack would I'm sure leave Fulham. He went there to chase promotion, and has had two relegation battles - albeit successful personally.

The two teams that went for it on a striker this season (Gray last summer, and Rhodes in January) went up automatically. It is something to think about, though there are clear risks with that strategy. I imagine if Boro had missed out they might have been in some financial trouble.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ross McCormack. But we won't be able to afford him, surely.

Whoever we get - and it may put a question mark against some of the suggestions - they also need to have a personality that will gel with what seems to be a really tight-knit group.

I suppose the correct answer is 'whoever the Championship Manager of the Season' feels is the right fit to blend with what we have.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
well a (now) league 1 player, who i'd love to get is that Adebola lookman from charlton, he's class and he's young

He's actually proven himself in this division, would definitely take him but apparently Arsenal are after him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really don't care who it is so long as they score regularly, luckily, and isn't a sicknote.

I got fed up hearing 'unlucky Baldock', 'keep going, it'll come'.

I know what you mean. We need someone who will get goals, for sure. But harsh on Baldock, whose all-round play has been a massive part of this season's success and a huge help to Hemed.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
i think we need 2. (not that im any expert)

i'd go for 1 faster dynamic striker + 1 older/wiser conventional type who will score at this level (to challenge Hemed).

Vydra or McCormack would fit the first bill and out of favour Glenn Murray or Ricky Lambert the second.

Murray with his home here seems a a given, he will still score at this level and is better than Hemed, I would love it to be Vydra with him to challenge/replace Baldrick
Wasn't Vydra absolutely turd for tinpot Reading?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know what you mean. We need someone who will get goals, for sure. But harsh on Baldock, whose all-round play has been a massive part of this season's success and a huge help to Hemed.
It wasn't meant to be harsh on Baldock. I know he contributed in other ways but he has been so unlucky and that isn't what you want from the guy in the number 9 shirt. Maybe he is better suited to central midfield?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here