Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So why say we have a strategy to become top 10. Get there with defence and midfield, then completely fail WRT strikers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep that is the LONG TERM Strategy, not the following season!
I'm sure if it wasn't for the financial losses due to COVID we would be seeing a slightly different side out there.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yep that is the LONG TERM Strategy, not the following season!
I'm sure if it wasn't for the financial losses due to COVID we would be seeing a slightly different side out there.

Again, why invest in defence and midfield and GET WORSE up front?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If we don’t sign a striker and Maupay breaks a leg we will be nailed on for relegation. Imagine the financial consequences of being relegated in the current climate. It makes the £30m needed for a striker seem insignificant.

Teams like Brighton will always do their business at the arse end of the window.

By teams like Brighton I mean teams with shrewd owners.

Let the Leeds and the Villas piss away their sudden wealth like pikey lottery winners.

Better for us to build a house of bricks like the 3rd little pig.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Probably because they read NSC and want to piss you off.

They might have a point ...........................

Or, believe it or not, they might be about to make a £150m huge mistake

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Teams like Brighton will always do their business at the arse end of the window.

By teams like Brighton I mean teams with shrewd owners.

Let the Leeds and the Villas piss away their sudden wealth like pikey lottery winners.

Better for us to build a house of bricks like the 3rd little pig.

Loads of players become available later on as it is the affect of their teams signings...Players not being picked, not in 25 man squad etc etc..loads can happen ins and outs in next week or so

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Why? Just an opinion. Let’s see how many he gets shall we? I didn’t go spouting off on here when he got his first last week. You are showing a bit of stupidity TBH. We were brilliant today. Enjoy it.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yep.. I was criticised for saying Callum would be a backwards signing for us.

Would you want him now b.w.2?

Yes

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wilson was their only bright spark going forward and carved out three chances (two stopped in the first half, one by White the other by Lamptey), then had the header which by rights he ought to have scored when hardly anyone else did for them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Half way down the 2nd page... outrageous..

Anybody would think we have a couple of very decent strikers and don't need another one...

The bed wetters must be having a day off... wonder why

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Anybody would think we have a couple of very decent strikers and don't need another one...

Maupay got 10 goals last season, which is a good tally in the PL. He’s already on two, so any predictions for this season?
I’m going with 12.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Maupay got 10 goals last season, which is a good tally in the PL. He’s already on two, so any predictions for this season?
I’m going with 12.

12 would be great and more than achievable for Maupay, its getting Connelly or other 2nd Striker upto say 8/10 that will really help us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
12 would be great and more than achievable for Maupay, its getting Connelly or other 2nd Striker upto say 8/10 that will really help us.

Connolly is capable, especially with late goals, when we’ve worn lower opposition teams ragged with pace.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

I think they would be wrong on the second part of that sentence. We do need another striker because we only have two. Two. For a whole season. A whole season that is going to be truncated. What happens if we get an injury? Or suspensions? Or loss of form? Or fatigue from playing too many games?

It's just sensible to have cover and different options for each area of the pitch. We have it everywhere else, why wouldn't we want it up front? Getting a third striker isn't a vote of no confidence in Maupay and Connolly any more than signing Veltman was for Dunk or Webster or White. It's strengthening the squad, giving us greater options and insuring against injuries.

To my mind we are two players away from being a fantastic team. A LWB and a (decent)third striker. Sign them and we can seriously consider a top ten finish. If we don't then we'll still be fine(barring disaster) but it'll be a longer season than it could be.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think they would be wrong on the second part of that sentence. We do need another striker because we only have two. Two. For a whole season. A whole season that is going to be truncated. What happens if we get an injury? Or suspensions? Or loss of form? Or fatigue from playing too many games?

It's just sensible to have cover and different options for each area of the pitch. We have it everywhere else, why wouldn't we want it up front? Getting a third striker isn't a vote of no confidence in Maupay and Connolly any more than signing Veltman was for Dunk or Webster or White. It's strengthening the squad, giving us greater options and insuring against injuries.

To my mind we are two players away from being a fantastic team. A LWB and a (decent)third striker. Sign them and we can seriously consider a top ten finish. If we don't then we'll still be fine(barring disaster) but it'll be a longer season than it could be.

We absolutely need another one, just the 2 we have seemed to have calmed the nerves a bit about the panic...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here