[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
My guess is we're either going with what we've got because Andone will be fit nearer christmas. Or we're waiting on other transfers to happen that then affect ours. For example with Thiago going to Liverpool & they're now apparently after Jota from Wolves, it would free up Origi & Brewster.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have we given up on this thread [emoji38] No new links for days on striker or LWB?
There are no real rumours to work with :nono:

Brewster was credible but he is never mentioned now without Sheffield Utd being in the same sentence.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Brewster was credible but he is never mentioned now without Sheffield Utd being in the same sentence.

Wilder is referring to Brewster direct so they must be close. Like Origi, he won’t go until Liverpool have replacements, probably Jota & Ousmane Dembele.

2 in.
2 out.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Lallana was linked to everyone except us before joining.

Our business is so hush hush of late that it's impossible to gauge if we are in for anyone.

But I'm sure we are.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Wilder is referring to Brewster direct so they must be close. Like Origi, he won’t go until Liverpool have replacements, probably Jota & Ousmane Dembele.

2 in.
2 out.

do Sheff have the money though , they tried to get Balogun from Arsenal on the cheap so they maybe short of spendable readies

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've actually stopped looking for any kind of transfer news now as I think we'll leave it till the last minute or we'll actually go with what we've got. I seriously wouldn't be surprised.
Normally there is at least some sign we're linked to someone but there is nothing of substance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are we absolutely sure we need another striker:-

[tweet]1305782263611830272[/tweet]

...oh.

This ‘stat’ is utter bollocks, though :shrug:

For example Maupay’s tidy but simple finish at Southampton, for some reason doesn’t ‘count’ (when Trossard’s far, far harder chance against Liverpool does).

Arbitrary nonsense.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This ‘stat’ is utter bollocks, though :shrug:

For example Maupay’s tidy but simple finish at Southampton, for some reason doesn’t ‘count’ (when Trossard’s far, far harder chance against Liverpool does).

Arbitrary nonsense.

Is that not the case for most 'in-depth statistical analysis', from all walks of life?

I only highlight the bits that prove my point (or in this case, provide the punchline).

I just assumed everybody else did the same.
Is that not the case?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've actually stopped looking for any kind of transfer news now as I think we'll leave it till the last minute or we'll actually go with what we've got. I seriously wouldn't be surprised.
Normally there is at least some sign we're linked to someone but there is nothing of substance

I've recently started to come around to this eventuality of going with what we've got as well.

The comments in the Argus this morning regarding looking for a striker reference the 'unique finacial circumstances this summer make that a big challenge' which possibly suggest no large outlay this window.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I've recently started to come around to this eventuality of going with what we've got as well.

The comments in the Argus this morning regarding looking for a striker reference the 'unique finacial circumstances this summer make that a big challenge' which possibly suggest no large outlay this window.

I think as with Nunez deal there is money for the right player. We are showing that we will not waste the money on any old striker. The report doesn't really tell us anything new. We are looking, we wont pay over the odds and we are not desperate (ie TB/PB etc)
My money will be on the signing of someone from abroad (again) late in the window, OR a Loan to buy deal which seems to be all the rage at the minute. Obviously this could all change with one injury and things become URGENT and desperate.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I think as with Nunez deal there is money for the right player. We are showing that we will not waste the money on any old striker. The report doesn't really tell us anything new. We are looking, we wont pay over the odds and we are not desperate (ie TB/PB etc)
My money will be on the signing of someone from abroad (again) late in the window, OR a Loan to buy deal which seems to be all the rage at the minute. Obviously this could all change with one injury and things become URGENT and desperate.

Same pretty much.. I think the rule is, if you’ve heard about a transfer on NSC it’s probably not happening. The club are so secretive with their deals now.

I think it’s possible we will only be in for the right player at the right price and the right salary. That requires a significant convergence of these variables, and even then, if other clubs come in there’s not much we can do (eg, Nunez).

I do suspect we have the money when the above situation presents itself, we’re just not going to do a Locadia ever again. Which, let’s face it, all Albion fans would agree on.

We have a tendency to do late deals, as that represents the best deals most often. So buckle up until deadline day and let’s just focus on the games for the moment. That’s my attitude now.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I personally hope that we sign another striker however having seen the performance on Thursday night I’m not as worried as I was!

I would still take someone like Pukki though!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I personally hope that we sign another striker however having seen the performance on Thursday night I’m not as worried as I was!

I would still take someone like Pukki though!

At least one, if not two. I'm still as worried, Portsmouth are league 1 - not premier league. I would give Jahanbakhsh a run out against Newcastle to see if his form has improved or if playing against the Portsmouth's and Preston's really are his level. I see from you profile you are in Cahors you lucky bugger, nothing better than messing about with a boat on the river Lot on a Sunday afternoon.:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports