Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small number of Palace tickets on sale in 1hr....

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I am 5 points short, gutted!

Ditto :(
Attempted to buy a ticket yesterday on the off chance the system wasn't working properly and couldn't add up, but no dice :lolol:
I imagine the few offered will be gone before tomorrow ...

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Ditto :(
Attempted to buy a ticket yesterday on the off chance the system wasn't working properly and couldn't add up, but no dice :lolol:
I imagine the few offered will be gone before tomorrow ...

I guess once this season is bad enough! Not quite sure why I want to put myself through it Friday but feel I must be there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
can everyone please stop buying them :( at least until 09:01 tomorrow?

I am 5 points short, gutted!

I bow to your superior points total - I'm 6 points short.

Got one!

My Dad is also five points short. Ouch.

It amazes me that you're all bouncing this thread. I'd be hoping it disappeared off the bottom quickly if I was any of you so close on the points and wanting some left for tomorrow. Fortunately I got my ticket saturday night, so another bounce won't do me any harm.... :)

The fact that the club has suggested 1000 pointers will have the option, if available at noon tomorrow, I guess means there is a chance that the 1075 pointers will get a chance at 0900 tomorrow.

For selfish reasons, I would have liked to have seen a smaller points jump at 0900, to 1100 or 1125.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For whatever reason when they count up in the ticket office they always have a few short.

My guess is the online system has the ability to duplicate sales at a given time when there is high demand, so to stop the potentially of selling 2050 tickets when they only have 2,000 they only put up for sale 1,900 or something. Therefore when they then refresh their count they see they have some left and off we go again.

Or something like that. Hence it's not additional, they are just a bit shit at selling 2,000 away tickets.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can somebody explain the points system? Its an interesting concept

1000 for a Season Ticket.
10 for every away game attended.
20 for home cup games.
20, I think, for joining the auto-cup scheme.
Last seasons total, not including the 1000 for a ST, halved and carried through to this season.
1901 clubs get more - don't know how many.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
20 for home cup games.
Last seasons total, not including the 1000 for a ST, halved and carried through to this season.

Plus don't forget that you also carried forward half of anything over and above 1,000 from last season.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We'll after yesterdays upset by not getting a ticket today I am over the moon to have secured one.

I can stop moaning now my wife and customers will be overjoyed, best I find something else to moan about now.

It does all seem a bit odd and it must be a total nightmare to administor. Just hope the post is speedy between Sussex and the wilds of East Hampshire.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
20 for home cup games.

I think it's 30 for joining the ACS. At least it was if you joined it straight away when it first started. Early bird offer perhaps. Also, kids get 50 for being in Gully's Gang, which they lose if they leave.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Bloody Hell
That is really annoying - I got one in my basket but it's after 5pm when they're posting them out and I am nowhere near the Amex for the next two days !!
Shit shit shit
TV I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here