Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers/bands that are very successful and good but you just can't like.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Any boy bands. The music is academic. If they have a slick hair cut and aged 16-22, that seems all they need for success.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Red Hot Chili Peppers were good when they were angry, on heroin and said 'motherf***er' a lot. Now it's turgid crap your mum likes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't say I "don't like them", more "I don't seem to think they are as good as everyone else".

The Who.

There, I said it.

Massively overrated and really quite cheesy. Yes, you can play a big chord, well done. Now actually play a decent song.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm going to half-heartedly stick up for Muse - their first 3 albums were very decent and they were exciting live. They then MASSIVELY ran out of ideas, and have slowly disappeared up their own arses. Shame, as they had a LOT of potential in the early days.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I'm going to half-heartedly stick up for Muse - their first 3 albums were very decent and they were exciting live. They then MASSIVELY ran out of ideas, and have slowly disappeared up their own arses. Shame, as they had a LOT of potential in the early days.

You're wrong, they've always been shit. They bounce from genre to genre because they are boring and lack depth....

And by exciting live you mean they put giant see through beach balls in the crowd and had a lot of lights going crazy...That is not exciting live, it is gimmicky...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Muse are my FAVOURITE current band and the first 3 albums were, in my opinion, stunning.

But I can COMPLETELY understand how people massively dislike them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
James Blake. I honestly do not get it at all.

I like most music and I'm not snobby about genres or what's supposed to be cool at the moment but he's just dull. Really dull.

Every song is lauded as a masterpiece. All sound the same to me, crap. Biggest case of emperors new clothes recently imo as he's not just popular but "critically acclaimed" by seemingly everyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're wrong, they've always been shit. They bounce from genre to genre because they are boring and lack depth....

And by exciting live you mean they put giant see through beach balls in the crowd and had a lot of lights going crazy...That is not exciting live, it is gimmicky...

Have to agree to disagree. They didn't particularly "bounce from genre to genre" in the early years, there was a clear progression from Showbiz to OoS to Absolution, which was their peak. Again, no, I was referring to their playing, before they brought in a 4th member, before they went OTT with pyrotechnics etc.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Led Zeppelin, most stuff by The Beatles and likewise Stevie Wonder. Oh, and chuck Bruce Springsteen into that pile as well. I really don't get all the fuss about Springsteen.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'll take cover and suggest The Beach Boys. I'm not suggesting they are bad, just a million miles from my own music taste. Just don't 'get' their sound AT...ALL.

I sit in the middle with Muse; Origin of Symmetry and Black Holes have some killer tracks, but I found their later stuff a major letdown. The sound and look of a band trying too hard.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All Boy Bands
All Girl Bands
All winners of X Factor, the Voice or any other similar show
All pop groups in the vein of the Bay City Rollers, The Osmonds, Nolans, Bucks Fizz, etc
Bob Dylan - just can't stand his voice but his songs are great when covered by others
Madonna and others in the same mode

And the list goes on and on

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Anything and anyone whose music is mainstream. Mass produced garbage for the sheep that have no imagination and just listen to stuff because their mates do.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Anything and anyone whose music is mainstream. Mass produced garbage for the sheep that have no imagination and just listen to stuff because their mates do.

Sorry but I can't be doing with music snobs. I love listening to pop music, both old and new and I do it because I like it, no-one pressures me into listening to it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
U2.
Springsteen.
Bon Jovi.

Muse were great for their first three albums. A bit overblown and melodramatic since.
The Manics amazing for their first four. Patchy thereafter but still plenty of decent songs.
Radiohead. O.K computer is possibly the greatest album of all time. Other people will argue that it's not as good as The Bends or Kid A. I can't fathom how people can't find something to like about a band that has three different albums that different people will passionately argue is not just the bands best album but the best album ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here