Simon Jordan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
I agree with his comments about agents, but who is he to start making comments about Rooneys wife, she's got nothing to do with football. I hope Rooney chins the orange faced cockmuncher
But surely this talentless bint is all that is endemic of all that is wrong with football in this day and age?The so called WAGS have shamed our game.Isn't it about time we got back to basics?Whether you are a Palace fan or not,SJ speaks alot of sense!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But surely this talentless bint is all that is endemic of all that is wrong with football in this day and age?The so called WAGS have shamed our game.Isn't it about time we got back to basics?Whether you are a Palace fan or not,SJ speaks alot of sense!

I think if you read the thread there is general support for SJ's comments. However, sometimes his rentaquote approach means that he throws the baby out with the bathwater.

His comments on agents and honouring contracts have credibility, so why stray from that to have a pop at someone else's wife? SJ doesn't have a great track record on the bird front himself, having been seen with the likes of Meg Matthews, Sophie Anderton, and Suzi Walker (with whom he has sired a baby according to Wikipedia) and then split with her.

Wayne Rooney has been going out with his wife since he was 15 years old, she is by all accounts a relatively calming influence on him, and if the likes of ASDA want to pay her £1.5million for a silly advertising campaign then who can blame her for taking it.

Compared to the likes of Alex Curran or Abby Clancy, who share an IQ with the average amoeba, she is far more down to earth and decent.

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
I think if you read the thread there is general support for SJ's comments. However, sometimes his rentaquote approach means that he throws the baby out with the bathwater.

His comments on agents and honouring contracts have credibility, so why stray from that to have a pop at someone else's wife? SJ doesn't have a great track record on the bird front himself, having been seen with the likes of Meg Matthews, Sophie Anderton, and Suzi Walker (with whom he has sired a baby according to Wikipedia) and then split with her.

Wayne Rooney has been going out with his wife since he was 15 years old, she is by all accounts a relatively calming influence on him, and if the likes of ASDA want to pay her £1.5million for a silly advertising campaign then who can blame her for taking it.

Compared to the likes of Alex Curran or Abby Clancy, who share an IQ with the average amoeba, she is far more down to earth and decent.

That obviously depends on your understanding of the word 'decent'! Been to a Rooney/Coleen family do lately?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That obviously depends on your understanding of the word 'decent'! Been to a Rooney/Coleen family do lately?

There's nothing wrong with having a family piss up, and the Rooneys certainly know how to have one.

Most here on NSC have a grudging respect for SJ.

SJ is hardly in a position to judge Roonetta after he got Suzi W up the duff and then walked away from his parental responsibilities is he?

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
There's nothing wrong with having a family piss up, and the Rooneys certainly know how to have one.

SJ is hardly in a position to judge Roonetta after he got Suzi W up the duff and then walked away from his parental responsibilities is he?
I've seen no respect for SJ,grudging or otherwise! And I agree with you 100% on Rooney and his family piss up. He gets pissed up then goes and shags a grandmother. What a role model? At least SJ knocks up single women!!!:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not sure it was just me, but some of the quotes in that article seem very similiar to quotes he's given in articles before.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Jordan wrote a great column in the Observer, and to be fair he's done a lot of good and dug deep into his own pocket for Palace.

However, let's not get too carried away with the Tangoman love-in. This is an uber-flounce, and the Bostock stuff is just a handy excuse, he wanted out long before that happened.

And as I pointed out on another thread, his total misreading of the Bostock situation has cost Palace (and therefore him) around £3million. His mood has probably far more to do with that than a very predictable tribunal outcome.

Strange, given he's had so much to say on the subject - no regrets about not selling the kid last December when there was £4m on the table.

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
Jordan wrote a great column in the Observer, and to be fair he's done a lot of good and dug deep into his own pocket for Palace.

However, let's not get too carried away with the Tangoman love-in. This is an uber-flounce, and the Bostock stuff is just a handy excuse, he wanted out long before that happened.

And as I pointed out on another thread, his total misreading of the Bostock situation has cost Palace (and therefore him) around £3million. His mood has probably far more to do with that than a very predictable tribunal outcome.

Strange, given he's had so much to say on the subject - no regrets about not selling the kid last December when there was £4m on the table.
Not true regards the £4m TG. As a 15 year old,Bostock was technically not ours to sell,and herein lies the crux of the matter. We spent many thousands nuturing this little shit pot,who assured us that he'd sign a proffesional contract! When push came to shove,this season ticket holding hypocrite jumped ship at the 1st chance he got. Nowt to do with SJ misreading the situation. More to do with the FA f***ing over the smaller clubs in favour of the big boys! This is why SJ has had enough!!!

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
.......Nowt to do with SJ misreading the situation. More to do with the FA f***ing over the smaller clubs in favour of the big boys! [/QUOTE said:
Buts that is what the FA do, so how can you say he didn't misread the situation?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not true regards the £4m TG. As a 15 year old,Bostock was technically not ours to sell,and herein lies the crux of the matter. We spent many thousands nuturing this little shit pot,who assured us that he'd sign a proffesional contract! When push came to shove,this season ticket holding hypocrite jumped ship at the 1st chance he got. Nowt to do with SJ misreading the situation. More to do with the FA f***ing over the smaller clubs in favour of the big boys! This is why SJ has had enough!!!

I'm afraid you are just wrong about that one, pure and simple. As a contracted schoolboy another club can come in at that stage and offer money, obviously with the promise of a first pro contract to the player. And there were big offers. I think you'll find Arsenal signed Jermaine Pennant on the same basis from Notts County.

The rest of what you say is just your subjective take on what happened. I am actually a bit sympathetic, since the dad lied to you. But to say Jordan didn't misread the situation is your hero-worship overriding logic. He gambled he would sign for Palace, and turned down much bigger offers than you eventually got awarded. In anyone's book, that is a major f**k-up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to agree with EP on this one. If anyone on this site was offered the money players get they would jump at it and probably spend it just as they do. I also fail to see why people blaming the Wags for the ills of football. If you have a problem with them then don't read the sh*t papers and gossip rags that insist on following them around. The media must take a large percentage of the blame for football ills. They print stories from agents seeking to engineer moves and from managers trying to unsettle other players with the same agenda.

As for Jordan standing on the moral high ground over contracts. Suppose he has never broken a contract with a manger then!! Good riddance to him as far as I'm concerned. He's a guy who would sorely miss the attention he gets because of his involvement with football and is probably just envious of the attention Wags get over him!!!!

Has Jordan written a book on his time in football yet? Reckon it would be a CRACKING read :thumbsup:

I'd be more interested in reading about Jordan's time in football
kprice300.jpg

You're a bit late to wise up to this......
Can we mention GARETH BARRY

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
I'm afraid you are just wrong about that one, pure and simple. As a contracted schoolboy another club can come in at that stage and offer money, obviously with the promise of a first pro contract to the player. And there were big offers. I think you'll find Arsenal signed Jermaine Pennant on the same basis from Notts County.

The rest of what you say is just your subjective take on what happened. I am actually a bit sympathetic, since the dad lied to you. But to say Jordan didn't misread the situation is your hero-worship overriding logic. He gambled he would sign for Palace, and turned down much bigger offers than you eventually got awarded. In anyone's book, that is a major f**k-up.
SJ was obviously a little deluded in this matter and I make you right TG. What hurts us is the fact Bostock himself was quoted as saying that he didn't want to sign for anyone but us seeing as him and his pa were season ticket holders and all!!! All he will do is sit on the side lines at Spuzz, a la Routledge(WHO HE?) A much bigger,better prospect than Wayne, no doubt but what would you choose....A season in the tough CCC or a season on the Spuds reserves bench? Wait a minute.......That word is coming through loud and clear!!!!!!MONEY! Let the little Judas rot in their reserves. I'd rather he went to your lot on loan than be sold to a so called big club and fester!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
SJ was obviously a little deluded in this matter and I make you right TG. What hurts us is the fact Bostock himself was quoted as saying that he didn't want to sign for anyone but us seeing as him and his pa were season ticket holders and all!!! All he will do is sit on the side lines at Spuzz, a la Routledge(WHO HE?) A much bigger,better prospect than Wayne, no doubt but what would you choose....A season in the tough CCC or a season on the Spuds reserves bench? Wait a minute.......That word is coming through loud and clear!!!!!!MONEY! Let the little Judas rot in their reserves. I'd rather he went to your lot on loan than be sold to a so called big club and fester!

Agree with where you are coming from, though according to the Standard tonight Palace will get up to £2million for him once he plays a few games. Having said that, Darius Henderson was bought today for the same figure, so clearly £2m isn't what it used to be.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As much as I loath the satsuma-faced twat, he got it spot-on imo :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports