Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Francis

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
What sort of fullback is he? Is he offensive a la Calde? Or more defensive (rarely gets forward)?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think IF Hoyte has a full pre-season with us, we will be shocked by how good he is next season.

I am basing this wild theory on almost nothing, I just have a feeling there is a quite good player in there somewhere.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think IF Hoyte has a full pre-season with us, we will be shocked by how good he is next season.

I am basing this wild theory on almost nothing, I just have a feeling there is a quite good player in there somewhere.
So do I.:thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also think the same about Arismendi...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
REAL shame he got (wrongly) sent off at half time against MK Dons. Was turning in a very good performance until then.

Only by his own mediocre standards. He wasn't actually all THAT good, even in that game, and that was against a bunch of youth-teamers and 74 year old Alex Rae*. He didn't dominate the game in any way.

*and one Man United reject, who was actually pretty good...

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
What sort of fullback is he? Is he offensive a la Calde? Or more defensive (rarely gets forward)?

Can remember one of his games against us, so I'm clearly qualified to give an expert opinion. Very strong in defence, good athlete, strong in the tackle, good in the air, positionally sound but a bit unimaginative going forward. Very right footed, Ok for pace.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2

Jimmy Grimble

Hope it's us!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Francis would be a decent signing but from what I've seen of him I'm just not sure he fits into Gus' style of play. I may be proved wrong and he turns out to be our best right back since, well, Calderon but he seems a bit more direct to me, a little like Whing.

We'll see, at least we will have a solid League One right back if he signs.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Francis would be a decent signing but from what I've seen of him I'm just not sure he fits into Gus' style of play. I may be proved wrong and he turns out to be our best right back since, well, Calderon but he seems a bit more direct to me, a little like Whing.

We'll see, at least we will have a solid League One right back if he signs.

Cant remember him too much if im honest, but from what i've heard he can cross a ball... and thats shown by the number of assists he picks up.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Looks promising, but imagine that.. Southampton pinch Calde and decide they'll also sign the player we've lined up as a replacement. Wouldn't put it past Pardew. :lolol:

Yep - then he'll contact Wenger and get Hoyte signed as well. Not that he doesn't like us or anything though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here