Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Sussex be reunited as one county?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The West Sussex-ers can only be integrated back into a United Sussex when they stop getting out of the bath to pee.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
East and West Sussex makes no real sense other than for local authorities and quangos.

we should respect our history.

We are called Sussex due to the fact we were south Saxons, there is an Essex (East Saxons) and a Wessex (West Saxons) oh and a Middlesex (Middle Saxons) it is just plain silly we separated into East and West basically calling ourselves East South Saxons & West South Saxons..... maybe we could also adopt this for singing at the Amex ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Before it was a County it was the ancient Kingdom of Sussexe.

So how about we declare UDI and break away from the rest of the UK (and the EEC for that matter?). Charge punters for crossing into our borders and using our airports and ports. The Amex could be our national stadium. Tony Bloom for King.

i go for that !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Never.

The last time Sussex was a single administrative entity was in 825, when the South Saxons finally gave up and submitted to Ecgberht, King of Wessex.

When I did History at school many years ago he was known as plain old Egbert. To me Boadicea is still Boadicea not Boudica.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
East and West Sussex makes no real sense other than for local authorities and quangos.

we should respect our history.

We are called Sussex due to the fact we were south Saxons, there is an Essex (East Saxons) and a Wessex (West Saxons) oh and a Middlesex (Middle Saxons) it is just plain silly we separated into East and West basically calling ourselves East South Saxons & West South Saxons..... maybe we could also adopt this for singing at the Amex ?

"West Sussex, LA LA LA, East Sussex, LA LA LA" was a chant in the North stand in the 80's sung in the manner of "we're the right side, we're the right side..." i.e. you sung alternate parts depending on where you were from.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
It's just Sussex as far as I am concerned we need a vote for independence I like sound of the kingdom of Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Build a wall and make the them pay to enter in to East sussex. **** off back to Chi.

There would be a danger of the Hoff holding a concert when the wall eventually came down.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here