• Sack Oscar

Votes: 32 15.5%

• Total voters

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
81.73% Backed
18.27% Sacked

Thread starter - are you happy with the democratic result at this stage? Looks so far that most voters can see the longer term and over the whole season!
Hope this helps you in your development and future understanding of football. I continue to learn - amazing huh!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So why do you come on the thread then ?

To tell you you're a boring c unt. Think of it as a public service. Not everyone thinks you're a hilarious chappie and no amount of random capitalisation, hilarious mis-spelling or side-splitting homo-erotic japery is going to change that fact. You're a c unt.

Hide albion

May 11, 2014
I agree, let the man build his own team. Then cast judgement!

:whistle:
Oscar has done a superb job in his first season, considering abysmal transfer activity by the club and having the squad plagued with injuries right until the final game.

Looking forward to what he can do next season, let's hope he gets the players he needs this time.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Well, he's dull and uninspiring, but we aren't getting anywhere by sacking managers after one season, especially ones who have been thrown in the deep-end and deserve time to adapt.

he was not thrown in he applied for the job , he must of known what the job entailed

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Didn't you post an Oscar in/out thread a few weeks ago that resulted in a large majority voting retain him and a equally large majority in favour of getting rid of you?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
and neither did getting in any of Barcelona's surplus players

That's not his or the clubs fault though, that's just people putting 2 & 2 together and coming out with 19. Not for the first time, mind.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Depends if Oscar thought he would be and it was kyboshed by someone else and we ended up with the likes of Obika, Andrews and Lita

Whilst that is a theoretical possibility, its still only a thought. We'll probably never know the reason behind some duff loan signings - whether its poor scouting, lack of availability of players, lack of fund etc. We can sit here guessing until the cows come home.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Whilst that is a theoretical possibility, its still only a thought. We'll probably never know the reason behind some duff loan signings - whether its poor scouting, lack of availability of players, lack of fund etc. We can sit here guessing until the cows come home.

If we weren't getting Barca reserves etc why then employ a Barca coach ? If the plan was Andrews and other old lags like Lita then someone with knowledge of the English game would have been a better fit ?

Doesn't add up but whatever the reason it has cost us

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If we weren't getting Barca reserves etc why then employ a Barca coach ?

Come on, even you can surely see that's a ridiculous question. We employ a Barcelona coach as he brings the philosophy that the club wanted to, it personally wouldn't matter to me if he came from Barcelona or Rochdale.

Using that theory, should we in future scout the clubs we want the loan signings of, then nick their backroom staff? It's unlikely.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
If we weren't getting Barca reserves etc why then employ a Barca coach ? If the plan was Andrews and other old lags like Lita then someone with knowledge of the English game would have been a better fit ?

Doesn't add up but whatever the reason it has cost us
The reason we employed a Barca coach was because Oscar played the whole of his career at a world famous football club, was a Spanish international, was a highly regarded coach at Barca and in his first season in management won a title with a club that had spent a decade since their previous win. I thought we were fortunate to get Oscar when we did and have seen nothing to change my mind. If Greer, Upson, Buckley, Crofts and Stephens were available today, we wouldn't have been hammered.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The reason we employed a Barca coach was because Oscar played the whole of his career at a world famous football club, was a Spanish international, was a highly regarded coach at Barca and in his first season in management won a title with a club that had spent a decade since their previous win. I thought we were fortunate to get Oscar when we did and have seen nothing to change my mind. If Greer, Upson, Buckley, Crofts and Stephens were available today, we wouldn't have been hammered.

Which would suggest we don't have a strong enough squad.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
- Our manager has got us into the top six (for the second season in a row) in his first season in English football
- We can't be that unlucky with injuries again
- Ince & March have had a season of 1st XI football and will be stronger & better
- CMS back and fit
- one of the best defensive records in the league...again
- New Training Ground with the added benefits that will bring
- A whole summer for Oscar to put his stamp on the squad.

Want any more?
At least some of you are sensible...Jeez,he came in to 9 injuries....and left with 6,what,one season and he hasn't won the title or a play off ? Oh! dear You ,"I want instant success and I want it now" fans have a lot to learn,patience is one of them

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Backed, completely.
Genius that has almost got us promoted with a crippling injury crisis.

Really sad to hear that he might be quitting.

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
I think he failed with the players available to him. We are producing some top talent, but it will all just be top talent for other sides, it's just a matter of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here