Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Nigel Farage get a knighthood?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still smarting from it eh?
Reduced you to pointless sarcasm?
Let's just wait and see. The past is gone and the future is unknown; there is only now and we must hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Still smarting? Total bolleaux, I'm afraid. Not smarting at all - I'm delighted, and off to really enjoy this Christmas!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The bloke is probably the best speaker I've ever heard and it's a shame I don't actually agree for what he stands for.

For argument sake if he was the leader of the Labour Party with Labour political values I've no doubt at some point he would be prime minister, if there is a better speaker out there I've not heard them.

In different circumstances he could indeed be worthy of a knighthood when you look at some of the clowns that have them, unfortunately for Nigel no free theatre tickets or nights at the opera in this lifetime.

I agree that he is a clever operator but MPs should also have both integrity and other people's best interests always in mind. I leave you to reflect on whether he possesses those virtues.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Still smarting? Total bolleaux, I'm afraid. Not smarting at all - I'm delighted, and off to really enjoy this Christmas!

Enjoy the moment! It may be as good as it gets! Your lingering sarcasm isn't needed then!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm enjoying the moment very well, thank you, without a trace of sarcasm, lingering or otherwise. My comments are totally sincere.

Except.....

'But ......... but ................. but ..... it's a known fact (on NSC anyway) that all businesses will crash and burn when we leave the EU..........................'

You can make 'sincere' comment through sarcasm... but it really isn't very helpful.

Sincere wishes for a trouble free Christmas... and may the optimistic, 'sunny uplands' tory Brexit promises all be kept.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Except.....

'But ......... but ................. but ..... it's a known fact (on NSC anyway) that all businesses will crash and burn when we leave the EU..........................'

You can make 'sincere' comment through sarcasm... but it really isn't very helpful.

Sincere wishes for a trouble free Christmas... and may the optimistic, 'sunny uplands' tory Brexit promises all be kept.

Well, it is a known fact. Show me a single remainer on NSC who hasn't been fearing doom and gloom since 2016 - not sarcasm, just a simple straightforward fact.

Anyway, for your own peace of mind, leave it! At least save it and stay calm until Feb.1st., eh?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well, it is a known fact. Show me a single remainer on NSC who hasn't been fearing doom and gloom since 2016 - not sarcasm, just a simple straightforward fact.

Anyway, for your own peace of mind, leave it! At least save it and stay calm until Feb.1st., eh?

Thanks... you should be enjoying 'your moment' right now as you suggested.
I am calm and entirely at peace with myself; I trust you are too....

If you have the chance, in a spare moment over Christmas, check out the definition of 'sarcasm' and then avoid using it!

Case closed. Now let's leave it.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, it is a known fact. Show me a single remainer on NSC who hasn't been fearing doom and gloom since 2016

Me, I just think it was a daft idea and won’t be good for us or Europe but it’s unlikely to be doom and gloom just a mess that will take a few years to stabilise.

In reality I suggest nobody KNOWS what the consequences will be yet. Certainly not anyone on NSC however often they deliver their opinions as fact.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Me, I just think it was a daft idea and won’t be good for us or Europe but it’s unlikely to be doom and gloom just a mess that will take a few years to stabilise.

In reality I suggest nobody KNOWS what the consequences will be yet. Certainly not anyone on NSC however often they deliver their opinions as fact.

Exactly right...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
farridge.jpg

Sir Nigel

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He'll probably be looked back upon in history in the same vein as drake, Nelson & monty

Charlie Drake, Lee Nelson and Monty Kazoops.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The bloke is probably the best speaker I've ever heard and it's a shame I don't actually agree for what he stands for.

For argument sake if he was the leader of the Labour Party with Labour political values I've no doubt at some point he would be prime minister, if there is a better speaker out there I've not heard them.

In different circumstances he could indeed be worthy of a knighthood when you look at some of the clowns that have them, unfortunately for Nigel no free theatre tickets or nights at the opera in this lifetime.

They can do wonders for the hard of hearing these days.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The penny finally dropped today for me that the Tories are taking away my EU Citizenship against my will and my wishes.

It would have been fine if the compensation for that was EFTA membership and close links to the single market.

But that is not the compensation they are proposing.

Shag the tories. Shag them forever. Shag the horse they rode in on. Tossers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here