Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood on Goals on Sunday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the £450k figure is accurate but what we don't know is any extras that may be due fairly soon or at some time in the future (promotion and sell on clauses etc). We also received a fee from Bristol City for ElAbd , again undisclosed. When the final accounts are published we'll be able to guesstimate the amounts more precisely.

There was probably a promotion bonus, but as you say, we'll see in December.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't understand why a man who's failings and struggles dealing with pressure were there for all to see, last season.
Is now a great choice because he presented himself well when sat in a TV studio batting back simple questions.

His meltdowns were as a result of his players letting him down. I ****ing LOVED IT when he threw his coat down and went off on one. That is EXACTLY what we need, allied to a load of tactical and coaching ability which he's clearly got.

It's a :thumbsup: from me

Garyh

May 28, 2013
Really impressed me, won't tolerate lazy over paid players, big on youth, honest and wears his heart on his sleeve, what's not to like? We want passion, he would give it!

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
When asked about going to Brighton sherwood replied after a long bit of blah blah blah with a yes so it is down to us now to seal the deal

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
When asked about going to Brighton sherwood replied after a long bit of blah blah blah with a yes so it is down to us now to seal the deal

Would agree with this,not sure if there's been talks or not with his reply or if he's happy to be linked and willing to talk,but put on the spot by Ben Shepard his reply was one of what should I say

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As the club hired two previously unproven at this level managers, and got them, it would appear against their will, to work within a budget and with little leeway in the transfer market, any candidates would have to work within the same framework I should imagine ???

Word gets around, and I'm concerned top quality people might be put off by our set-up...

This.

Can't we put this budget bullshite myth to bed. Gus spent a bloody fortune on players when he was here and he is the sort of manager that wants more, more ,more all the time. And we didn't buy anyone under Garcia because of the fortune Poyet had already spent on wages etc, on player who's contracts were coming to an end. I firmly believe there will be plenty of money for wages and transfer fees for the new manager. Don't buy everything you get spoon fed from the club, they have been holding back for a reason. To clear the decks, ditch the dead wood and start afresh.

But I really hope it's this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His meltdowns were as a result of his players letting him down. I ****ing LOVED IT when he threw his coat down and went off on one. That is EXACTLY what we need, allied to a load of tactical and coaching ability which he's clearly got.

It's a :thumbsup: from me
Hmmm, I think we need a middle man.
We've had the histrionics, and we've had an Easter Island Moai.

I'm not convinced we need a return to the managerial equivalent of a spoiled little girl told she's not getting a pony.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Another one from Tottenham who does know his thems from his those. A right thicko and I would be on his case from day one, just because of this minor indiscretion.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Another one from Tottenham who does know his thems from his those. A right thicko and I would be on his case from day one, just because of this minor indiscretion.

Sounds like you were one of the hating Barnes mob and now he's gone you have an empty space that you need to fill

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
watched the interviews on Sky today
lots of ticked boxes from me
most been mentioned on the thread already, goes off at the mouth a bit, likes bringing on the youth, les the quieter one will bring him down a little, wears his heart on his sleeve, great record at former club, is very English, he could be the jigsaw piece we want.

but will out other higher management like him .............not a yes man by any means

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Thought his tone has changed significantly over the last couple of days when talking about Tottingham .. Wouldn't be surprised if he's already had preliminary talks somewhere, even if just feelers put out to his agent.

Not perfect but ticks a lot of boxes. Even brings a former Brighton player with him in the form of Chris Ramsay to fill the Oatway/Jones role. Based on his own stated interests i would imagine the two potential jobs interesting him most will be us and Southampton if the vacancy comes up there and if it does I'd imagine that would have to be his first choice.

Just out of interest as far as the anti brigade are concerned .. wonder how many of us would have been excited at the idea of Steve McClaren last season? I wouldn't have wanted him at that point if I'm honest yet he's done a brilliant job with Derby.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Came across well IMHO, not sure about another non-proven manager, but he could be worth a punt.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyway of watching this anywhere? I got sky go with sports channels but not that on demand thing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here